Chimp & See Talk

Matching proposal young male / juvenile

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I would like to propose a match between
    CDMale02 ACP0005eiw ACP0005eix and
    CDJuvenile02 ACP00054u8 ACP00054u9

Those two look very similar (at least to me - maybe not to their mom(s)).
    Both have this longish, very pale muzzle while the upper part of the face is quite dark. They both have intact ears and the brows have the same shape and I think the overall size of both is about the same.
    CDJuvenile02 is already hanging out with the older guys - at least he tries to. CDMale02 also joins the males in the second video.
    Both videos are taken within two days.

CDMale02
    enter image description here

CDJuvenile02
    enter image description here

What do you guys think?

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I agree -- but I also think that he's Fry. This long and complicated thread (sorry) details a number of other videos I believe are also him: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP00009by. I'm not sure what others think though.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Oh I wasn't aware of that thread, sorry. Sure, Fry looks quite similar. But CDMale02 and CDJuvenile02 seem to be older in October 2013 than Fry in April 2014... But maybe it's just a question of perspective.

system does not work properly at the moment, can't update with the picture...

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

yes, we have the suspect that there is only one juvenile/subadult in Crimson Dew: Fry, CDMale02, CDJuvenile02 and CDJuv03. But now that you say that CDMale02 and CDJuvenile02 seem to be older in October 2013 than Fry in April 2014 we should to recheck...
    Is true that we have never seen two juveniles in one video.
    What do you think @Boleyn? and the others? 😃

Thanks!!

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

The only differences I've ever seen between the subadults is the face colour is a little different, sometimes looking more pink, sometimes more gray, but I'm not convinced it's not the light, as everything else looks the same.

Posted