Chimp & See Talk

Esme ?

• wandawmn by wandawmn

ACP0005875

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi @wandawmn

Here I send you one b/w picture and the link to the video of Esme, this was you can compare. You can find also this pictures and the links to the videos in the "PROSPECTIVE / KNOWN CHIMPS - Crimson Dew 8"

one

http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0004zr0

What do you think?
    Thanks a lot!! 😉

Posted

• wandawmn by wandawmn

well, the muzzle and brow seem the same, the whole face really, body hair seems to be a little thinner and lighter than in other pictures though, so overall I have to say that I really cant say. 😦

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to wandawmn's comment.

But these are good observations! It supports my notion that sometimes, she looks only like a poor old lady and sometimes as if in considerably better shape. You can take a look at her left ear. In your video, you see the damage a bit. (Yes, I think, we are sure that she is Esme.)

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi @wandawmn, probably will helps you to find some feature or some specific little signal/mark. Several adult chimps have damages in their ears, so we normally we we pay close attention to the ears to find these "unique marks". But you can use what you want...sometimes is difficult to explain but you just think that two chimps are the same, but is easier to talk with the rest if we talk about specific features...
    Good description by the way!

Posted