Chimp & See Talk

Mario!

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

hello everyone!

we have few more matches proposed by jwidness and I agree with them. What do the rest think? Do you agree?

Here they are 😉

Thanks Jane, awesome

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I'm cool with this, but I am curious what changed your mind about CDMale01? We debated quite long and repeatedly about him. Which trait was the decisive one in the end?

http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP0000epk

Posted

Hi AnLand, I guess that to have watched the videos hundreds of times, that in the end even if is hard to explain the others, but you "know" the chimp.

there are a lot of videos of almost all the chimps in CD, and from Male01 there was only one, and the face in his video is quite different because of the open mouth... but the rest of features fit, specially (at east for me) the gray patron of his back.

Also to have identified to "Male01a" (who was proposed as match with Male01) as Mario has helped me to agree the match between Male01 and Mario.

Do you think they are not the same? we can reverse the matchif not everyone agrees and keep talking about this match, the more we talk about the matches the better we would do it! 😉

Let us know, and thanks a lot AnLand for being always willing to come back to old sites

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Thanks, yes, I understand that we are operating with kind of a demographic assumption for Crimson Dew (that might not be the right word, but I mean, we assume a certain - now known to us - population). That makes it not very probable that one chimp has only been seen once. That's OK I guess and I don't disagree with that match.

I think, my real question was (because it bothers me since @jwidness found him) whether anybody sees the scars on his wrist in any other video. I am thinking about three videos ACP0005331, ACP00057ig and ACP00058f5, but if you watch them too often, you see whatever you are looking for. It's just curiosity because scars on the wrist are so hard to see due to movement and I am thinking about this for a really long time now. The scars in the original CDMale01 video ACP0005acj might be more pronounced because of the direct light and I cannot judge how much scarred the wrist actually is.

As I said, I don't disagree. I am just interested in the scars.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

No disagreements on any of these, including the last one one, ACP0005di1.

@AnLand, regarding the scars on Male01... I think that sequence (5acj) is very unique due to the lighting and close up view with little movement (it reminds me of sequence with the gray-faced chimp at Dry Lake). If only they were all that clear. But I think that's part of the reason why they're so easy to see. It's also possible that they aren't permanent scars, but maybe some irritation due to insects or something wet or sticky in the hair. I think the rear view is most convincing of it being Mario for me, in spite of any other doubts.

Posted

Thanks @ksigler! and also thanks to be back here

about ACP0005di1, I am going to check the videos from Luigi, because sometimes is hard for me to differentiate these two... I will be back 😉

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I'm sure the guy in front of Dodge in ACP000509y is Mario -- the only other possibility is Luigi, but he shows up in the next video, so it's not him.

enter image description here

Posted

Thanks!

Posted