Chimp & See Talk

Two individuals, females? One with big belly

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I found this clip from a sequence that @drobinso tagged part of (the one he/she tagged is a female with infant, maybe @drobinso will post it?). ACP0005jsq

I think they're both females, and the one closer to the cam has quite a large belly.

enter image description here

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Maybe it's just the lighting, but the one closest to the camera has a very exotic look. An unusual shape in the eyes, and a prominent upper lip. She's beautiful! 😃

Posted

• drobinso by drobinso

This is from the clip @jwidness is referring to, ACP0005jsp but I'm not seeing the female with infant in this one. There's another screen later in the video that shows junior coming behind the adult chimp. I did tag a female with an infant in a different sequence. ACP00054ef That may be what you are thinking of.

Posted

• drobinso by drobinso

Here's a shot of junior from ACP0005jsp

Posted

• drobinso by drobinso

Aha! Found it! This is from ACP0005jsn

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

@LJE found this video with a very similar female with dorsal infant, a similar situation and another older juvenile arriving. ACP0005jrr Time stamp says it's two days apart. I ask myself what she is grabbing down at this tree. She is doing it both times. First, in @drobinso's video, I thought, she might have a stick and poking, but I am not sure.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all!!!

I will put these two females with baby in the prospective list as LSFem01 ( ACP0005jsn) and LSFem02 ( ACP0005jrr) but I think that they are the same.

The female near to the camera in ACP0005jsq will be LSFem03, and I also think that she is beautiful!!

And the other female from ACP0005jsp and ACP0005jsq will be LSFem04

Sorry, But I am a bit confused, what is the relationship between ACP00054ef and these videos?? could you explain me please. Thanks! 😉

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

stunning beauties! I think also the second one has quite the belly although not as large as the one closer to the camera. Hopefully we'll see some infants in later pics!!

Posted

• drobinso by drobinso

No relationship, @PauDG. I thought ACP00054ef might be the video @jwidness was thinking of because the video that I tagged n the set s/he was talking about did not have a female carrying a baby. Later, however, I found the video s/he was thinking of. I hadn't tagged it but it was part of the series. I'll delete my comment about ACP00054ef because I don't want to confuse anybody.

Posted

Perfect @drobinso 😉 thanks a lot!!

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator in response to drobinso's comment.

Sorry, I didn't realize you had actually tagged ACP0005jsp, not ACP0005jsn -- all my fault! (Also, I'm "she".) 😃

Posted

• drobinso by drobinso

No harm no foul. And I'm "she" too!

Posted

A bit suggestive, but we do not have so many females with a good face shot. She has a bit straighter (or less round) and quite protruded brows and might be LSFem04. One can see in both the lips quite clear and maybe the dark sides of the face. Lighter muzzle, left ear undamaged, right one not seen. Body size and slim figure are similar. Not much. ACP0005jwm and ACP0005jwn

Posted

She reminds me more to LSFem05...

one one

ACP0005sna

What do you think? 😉

Posted

I think in this new video (found by @Snorticus) is again LSFem01 and LSFem02 and her baby). They are traveling very, very fast, but she is an older female with an appropriate aged infant, big ears, protruded brows and quite gray legs and lower back. The infant sits high on her back and (in the other videos) try to peer over her shoulders. (I think actually that at least LSFem03 is an adult daugther.)

ACP0005jrb

The very best screenshot:

Posted

Here ACP0005s26 is another very similar female with a dorsal infant. Her back is also very gray as well as her legs. (Probably too far away though, but to keep not. I am not sure whether the young adult (female?) is one of the girls above. The belly is quite round and the brows look straighter. )

Posted

Hi AnLand,
    I propose to wait a little bit with ACP0005jrb ACP0005s26, because they are very similar but we don't know if there are more similar females here.

But we can do the match between LSFem01 and LSFem02 and keep this two females in mind (and in the list) as possible match with her.

I think that you found the LSFem02, right? Do you want to propose a name?

Thanks!!

Posted

I would like to name them Luana (LSFem01/02) and Elie (her infant).

Posted

Perfect, thanks so much!

Posted

I am no way sure here, but we do not have so much footage of females at all. In this video ACP0005n3f is a female with a light muzzle and straigther brow line. The right ear sticks out a bit more than the left one. Maybe we could discuss her with LSFem04. The eye mask of LSFem04 looks lighter, but body size fits. She seems to be a bit more robust as Tamara. She is not LSFem05 (who is exiting to the right some seconds before in ACP0005n3e). Due to the feeding her muzzle looks differently.

(re-found by @Culdrum)

LSFem04 (the one farther to camera)

Posted

And I think that Tamara also has a darker muzzle, but maybe is a new one... 😕 so difficult these females!!!
    Let's add her for now as LSFem08.

Thanks!

Posted