Chimp & See Talk

Male with large white scar on back -- Rufus

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

This is out of the long set @drobinso found two days ago. (It's actually two sets, some videos from the morning of 10/3, and some from the afternoon. I think there are at least 4 chimps in the area.)

This male first appears at 13:18, entering from the left in ACP0005uj9. In chronological order, he's also in ACP0005uja, ACP0005ujb, ACP0005ujc, ACP0005ujd, ACP0005uje, ACP0005ujf, ACP0005ujg, ACP0005uj5, ACP0005uj6, ACP0005uj7, ACP0005uj8, and ACP0005uip (you can just barely see his scar in the last one as he leaves). He's back again in ACP0005uht (scar is visible), ACP0005uhu, ACP0005uhv, ACP0005uhw, and leaves in ACP0005uhx.

His face is fairly pale around the muzzle, darker around the eyes, mottled ears (both are present and normal), a bit bald in between the brows, no beard, slightly rounded brows, small and very flat face, medium build, lower back only very lightly grey. Large white scar in the middle of his back.

enter image description here

You can see his scar really well in ACP0005ujc:

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This might be the same male again. The muzzle looks a bit different in the distance, but in the first videos here, he is feeding. I see the same slightly rounder brows, bald area above the brows, regular ears, dark back with a white big scar (the latter only seen in the video, not in a screenshot). ACP0005j8e

Here another video of him, partial face view with same features, back view, scar is present. ACP0005ind, ACP0005ine, and ACP0005inf

Posted

That definitely looks like him! : )

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Yes, definitely is the same. Great!!! the second Known male in Lingering Shape.

Posted

As @jwidness claimed priority for Mario at CD-8. I actually claim priority here for naming. Ok?

Posted

Sounds good 😃

Posted

Sure!

Posted

I propose Rufus for this male. Thanks!

Posted

His face really does look like a Rufus 😃

Posted

Perfect, thank you!

Posted

A black and white footage found by @Eswiniarski. Not easy to see, but I think, there is a scar on his second male's back and face features fit Rufus. ACP0005ot4 and ACP0005ot5

Posted

I saw that and was going to say the same thing. : )

His face looks so tiny and smooshed to me, hehe

Posted

smooshed??? (means: I don't know the word.)

Posted

Hm, how to describe smooshed? Like squished or pushed in or squeezed is the best I can come up with. Sorry, not a very good description 😕

Anyway, I just think his face looks sort of compressed compared to the average chimp.

Posted

@ConnyBenny suggested the first male in ACP0005wka might be Rufus as well. I agree that I think I see his scar. What do you think? It doesn't show up in any preview, but it's around 2-3 seconds in.

Posted

I see the big white spot too, but unfortunately not much more.

Posted

Hi all
    I agree, this face ( ACP0005ot4, ACP0005ot5) is from Rufus!
    Also I can see something in the back of ACP0005wka.
    Great! I am going to include some of the images from ACP0005ot4, ACP0005ot5 to have also b/w pictures in the list

Good job!

Posted