Chimp & See Talk

older juvenile male -- Krikkit

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

Good look at sub-adult male's face. Several other chimps present as well:

video 1 video 2

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I think he might be a match to a male seen repeatedly on the morning of 9/25/2013 (found by @Eswiniarski):

at 7:54 in ACP0005n1e:

enter image description here

at 7:55 in ACP0005n0y:

and at 8:16 in ACP0005n24:

Grey back and legs, slim build, somewhat rounded brows, pale muzzle, slightly less pale round eye areas (looks a bit like he's wearing a mask if that makes sense), pale round ears.

Posted

I would agree that they do look very much like a match

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Yes, I agree.

Who wants to propose a name to our first known male in Lingering Shape?

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Maybe @lauraklynn would like to?

Posted

Perfect!

Posted

Cool. I request the name Krikkit.

Posted

Nice!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I found a video with a partial face view of a younger male. Just to note it here. Lighter brows and muzzle, tringular right ear. Sorry, not much to see. ACP0005th9, ACP0005tha (with body view, back and build), ACP0005thb (with partial face view), ACP0005thb

Posted

Here another video with an young male that could be Krikkit. Facial features as light muzzle, slight baldness, rounder brows and sticking out ears fit. I cannot find a reference to this video. There is no time stamp and it belongs only roughly (3 minutes difference) to the scene with LSJuv02 (ACP0005l7a etc. also w/o time stamp).

ACP0005l72 (this is the scene with Scout later)

Posted

Hiii!!!
    ACP0005l72 I agree, is Krikkit.

The chimp ACP0005th9 is more difficult to know, because we can not see almost the face, but by the body shape/size he could be. Do you agree if for now we add ACP0005l72 as Krikkit, but we keep ACP0005th9 as a proposal? Just until see more videos...

Thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I am actually not sure whether I am still backing the matching proposal of ACP0005th9 myself anymore. I think, there is something different with the "butt view" of Krikkit, but I cannot find a good video.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Image ACP0005qwa Krikkit's testicles hang from more skin, I was thinking. His legs are more slender. His anal area is lighter in color and puffs out more. The lighting and angle of view are different in the two clips, so I could be wrong, but
    I don't think Krikkit is a match to ACP0005th9 either.

Krikkit rear view

Image ACP0005th9 This chimp's testicles don't hang from extra skin, they are closer to his body. His legs look thicker, darker, and more heavily furred. His anal area looks darker & flatter.

Darker bigger chimp

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

I think, it is not only the lighter coloration. I was thinking that there might be a visible kind of knob (like Dodge over at CD-8, he had two markings on his butt), not only lighter fur (I have no idea how to describe this correctly, sorry). But I cannot find a clear picture.

Posted

I am thinking in the direction of something like this (not a matching proposal (ok, maybe the first video))

ACP0005wkb

ACP0005w4v

Posted

Yes, I know what you mean.
    So I don't know if we will be able to ID again the male ACP0005th9 with this video, but he will be from now LSMale11 in the prospective list.

Thanks!

Posted

Actually in the video ACP0005wkb there are two males medium-size, so they could be Krikkit and LSMale11

Posted

Yes, I know that there are two younger males.

Do you think that we have actually Krikkit + LSMale11 (as young males) + Iggy (as an older male juvenile) + all the males we already identified (I think we still can match some, but others are definitely separate individuals)? Where are all the females at this site?

Posted

Yes I think, because none of these two young males have the back as dark as Iggy, and by the shape and colour back they can be Krikkit + LSMale11

No many females here... I don't know... (maybe they are with the juveniles from CD-8 😛 )

Posted

Haha, good one!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP0005n1i I think this is also Krikkit seen at 7:33 on 9-25-13 in the same area. Because of the early morning lack of light the details are somewhat harder to make out for a comparison to the later known clips of Krikkit.

This chimp has a pale muzzle that includes his pale nose. His brows appear rounded. He has a nicely shaped pale ear that is positioned high on his head and his earlobe is on a line with his eyes. His legs are slim.

pale muzzle and nose chimp

High on the head ears

ACP0005n1j In the following clip we can see he has a pale coloring to his lower back that continues down his slim legs. His anal area is somewhat triangular shaped and pale. His testicles are light in color and hang from a bit of extra skin, not so close to his body.

back view of chimp

Here is a back view of Krikkit for comparison which shows similar back and leg coloring and a similar pale triangular shaped anal area and pale low hanging testicles.

Krikkit back view

Posted

Hi Snorticus,

You are becoming in a expert of Krikkit!!
    I agree, he is Krikkit.

Thanks a lot!

Posted

I know, there is not much seen, but this male nightchimp has the body build, the knob, and the very long testicles of Krikkit, I think. Best seen in ACP0005sn3 (sequence starts in ACP0005sn0, ACP0005sn1, ACP0005sn2). Screenshots not helpful.

Posted

mmmm. how difficult!, could be also LSMale11, don't you think? 😉

Posted

At least to me, the testicles of LSMale11 are formed differently (you cannot see the balls), it's more compact oriented to the other side and the skin is not that long seen here ACP0005th9. But, yeah it is hard to see. I would go with Krikkit because of the testicles ( the left one is a bit longer) and the similarity while feeding, but we don't see the latter in LSMale11. Of course, he could be somebody else, but I don't think that it is LSMale11.

But maybe we should not go there ...

Posted

I have been watching the videos again now for a while, and is true that maybe the testicles "hang" more that the testicles from LSMale11, but the legs look a little bit more robust than Krikkit... or maybe is just the distance

Anyway, good to see you in Lingering Shape 😉

Posted

Yes, the body build looks a bit different. I still cannot say whether this is an effect of the "black on dark" in the night videos. I suspect this as the differences between body and surrounding blur. (But we first need some successful matches from the night videos to check this.)

Posted