Chimp & See Talk

**Juvenile - LSJuv04 / LSJuv04a(b) extended

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I am not sure about body size here, but I woud like to note that the older juvenile in ACP0005ot4 and ACP0005ot5 has quite straight brows (in contrast to the other juveniles we found until now). The sniffing juvenile in ACP0005tls is only briefly seen, but his/her brows also seem to be quite straight (sorry, no screenshot, but seen in the video). Lighter muzzle and even lighter lips.

enter image description here

Sorry, that is not much, the videos are not the best, and I am not even sure about body size/ age.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Yes, I know what you meant, and yes, the eyebrows looks more straight than other chimps, even he/she looks a little bit angry because of that. But probably too risky do the match with these two fast videos.

Do you agree if we put them for now as LSJuv04 ( ACP0005ot4) and LSJuv04a ( ACP0005tls)?

Thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Yes, sure. No problem, I only wanted to note it somewhere in case it is of use later.

Posted

Perfect!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

@PauDG, while looking something up in the prospective chimps list, I've seen that you did not note the sex of LSJuv04. It's a boy. Testicles clearly seen in ACP0005ot4.

Posted

yes, you are right, is in the video of LSJuv04a where is not visible.
    Thanks!! 😉

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I would like to add this proposal to the existing thread of LSJuv04/04b (it's tagged b not a as in the title)

My proposal is that LSJuv04b and LSJuv08 are the same chimp. They have the same profile, with this long, flat muzzle and the strong ridge/knob in the upper part of their right ear. Hair color and size agree as well. Now LSJuv08 is a girl so this would definitely exclude LSJuv04 from the match, since he is a boy.

LSJuv04b in ACP0005tls

LSJuv08 in ACP0005l7w

Posted