Chimp & See Talk

chimp, not much to see - LSMale06(=LSMale03?)

• mantide by mantide

talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0005ugs

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @mantide,

thanks a lot, good find. I will move the thread to the Lingering Shape discussion forum and add some pictures from the scene ACP0005ugp, ACP0005ugq, ACP0005ugr, ACP0005ugs

Male feeding with small ears (both present and without apparent damage), straighter brows, a bit baldness, big nostrils, and a slightly gray beard. He does not seem to be too big. Gray lower back and legs, but not especially.

enter image description here

A juvenile with rounder brows crosses.

Part of the videos were already found earlier by @Eswiniarski, but apparantly not posted.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Thanks everyone!
    this male will be for now LSMale06 in the prospective list 😉

Posted

I think, LSMale06 is also (at least) LSMale03. Same body build and grayness. Small ears, both present and no visible damage, straighter brows, baldness on forehead, weak white midline. Also, their upper lip seems to be discolored at the right side (I don't think it is because of feeding).

He might also be Bruno, LSMale02, and the guy with the "butt wound". But this is more an idea I need to develop furthermore.

Posted

Yes, they are quite similar... and in both scenes they are eating. So yes, let's keep this possibility in mind. Maybe we can wait a little bit to see more videos or to find something very specific to do the match. Make sense?

Thanks!

Posted

I had seen this before and re-watching it, I recognized (or realized) that the adult male in the background of ACP0005uxu - exiting to the left - is in fact LSMale03, who re-enters the scene from the left in the next minute in ACP0005uy3. Face view from a distance better in the video.

He reminds me strongly to this guy - a match we discuss before ACP0005uet, ACP0005ueu, ACP0005uev

That's not much, but is maybe supportive to the earlier suggestion.

Posted

Hi AnLand, good to "see" you around!

about the serie of videos that start with ACP0005uxt, we have:

• ACP0005uxt LSMale04, female
    • ACP0005uxu LSMale04, female behind branches, LSMale03 entering
    • ACP0005uxv LSMale04, LSMale03 on the left, female behind branches on the right
    • ACP0005uxw LSMale04, female behind branches on the right
    • ACP0005uy1 LSMale04, female behind branches on the right, light face (young?) behind branches on the left
    • ACP0005uy2 LSMale04, female behind branches on the right, light face (young?) behind branches on the left
    • ACP0005uy3 LSMale04, female behind branches on the right, light face (young?) behind branches on the left, LSMale03 passing
    • ACP0005uy4 LSMale04, female behind branches on the right leaving the scene, light face (young?) behind branches on the left, LSMale03 passing

Posted

About the match, I agree that the male in ACP0005uet is LSMale03 (and that LSMale06 is the same) 😉

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I am here most days, but I have no new matching ideas. The footage at LS-9 is really difficult. Just to see anything at all. 😦

Posted

jejejeje.... well. Let's keep trying!
    Thank you very much AnLAnd

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

I would just like to say I so agree with AnLand that the footage in LS-9 is pretty difficult - so much hidden behind foliage - good work on you guys matching the chimps you have with such limited visual clues!

Posted

AnLand, do you want to propose a name for LSMale03/ LSMale06/ ACP0005uet?
    I think they are the same, the face is very similar, same bald, same small ears, same gray patron on the back.

Does anyone want support or "disapprove" this match?
    We are open to all kind of opinions!!! 😉

Thanks!

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I agree with LSMale03/LSMale06/ ACP0005uet -- but I also suggested LSMale03 might be LSMale02 quite a while back. Do you think you could take a look at that again and see what you think?

LSMale02: ACP0005ve0, ACP0005ve1

Posted

Hi all!!!

also there is a proposal about that LSMale02 is Bruno... let's think about this massive match proposal of LSMale03/LSMale06/ ACP0005uet/ LSMale02 / Bruno...

Here he thread http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000l/discussions/DCP0000fng

Thanks!

Posted