Chimp & See Talk

Moms with infants

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Just a quick overview over adult females with infants seen at Lingering Shape 9 so far.

Luana & Elie

Confirmed: ACP0005jsn and ACP0005jrr (June 26 & 28, 2013)

Discussed: ACP0005s26 March 6, 2014 and ACP0005jrb (June 22, 2013)

I think that Belle is an adult daugther of Luana.

I ordered the other videos we found until now with females carrying an infant in chronological order. Most often no other traits than general fur coloration and infant seen.

A female with a gray back and high sitting dorsal infant ACP0005jqn (June 25, 2013) (Yes, my guess would be Luana and Elie.)

A female with a gray back and a ventral infant, accompanied by two juveniles: ACP0005wz6 (August 22, 2013)

An older female with a gray back (yes: reminds me on Luana) with a ventral infant feeding in the rain. I asked myself whether she is carrying the infant ventrally to protect it from the rain. ACP0005jwe to ACP0005jwh An older juvenile is present, but not sure whether right size for Belle. (September 14, 2013)

Here I am not totally sure, but I think, there is an (ventral) infant ... ACP0005jw6 etc. (September 15, 2013)

A dark female with a dorsal infant, sitting very low on the back: ACP0005n5q (October 8, 2013)

From the awesome travel scene: a female with a gray back and a dorsal infant and a somehow darker female with a ventral infant. Two other juveniles are present, but unclear to which female they belong: ACP0005w4w and before (October 26, 2013)

Barely seen, but @jwidness and I think that a female in the background carries a dorsal infant ACP0005wbi (November 20, 2013)

A dark female with a ventral infant: ACP0005wl2 (December 2, 2013)

This is from 2011 – maybe not relevant, but for completeness: ACP0005hcw female with gray back and dorsal infant. Two other juveniles accompanying here ( ACP0005hcv ) (January 4, 2011 – I generally do not trust the time stamps on the older videos!)

Maybe that helps later on if we cannot find better ID videos. I don't think, we can ID from any of these videos.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Thanks a lot AnLand, that is great!

Is true that maybe we won't be able to ID with this videos, but maybe we can close some "questions" further with them.

About ACP0005jw6, really hard to see and I don't know if I understand very well what is happening... she is sitting, right? Yes I think she has something in the belly.

About the 2011 videos, the date is incorrect, probably due to a temporary malfunction of the camera.

Posted

That video ACP0005sg0 was re-found by @rcooley001 - I forgot it in my moms-list (at least, I think the female on the left is carrying a ventral infant). Gray back (almost white), another adult (or older juvenile) present (October 19, 2013)

Posted

Hard to see, but I also can see in the second 00 a light spot in the left chest of the adult, that I guess is a infant hand.
    Really difficult these moms!!
    Thanks a lot AnLAnd!

Posted

Two other videos emerged /re-emerged:

ACP0005qec - an older looking female with a dorsal infant. Again no good view. (September 14, 2013) The face of the infant is not well seen, but it might be not too young anymore. The eye mask looks also a bit darker than the muzzle.

ACP0005r9e - female with a dorsal infant (September 23, 2013) This infant looks to me bigger than Elie (confirmed videos from 3 months earlier) and the mom does not look so white at her back. The infant is sitting quite low though.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Definitely agree the infant in ACP0005r9e looks too big to be Elie

Posted

Hi all!

I have added ACP0005qec as LSFem06 to the prospective list, but I think she is Luana. Take a look and tell me what do you think 😉

And I am going to add ACP0005r9e as LSFem07 to the prospective list. It will be very difficult to ID this fem&infant, they pass too far... Let's see if we can see more videos with females to help us with this!

Thanks!

Posted