Chimp & See Talk

Leo (LSMale01), LSMale08, and LSMale01a

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This is only a very brief remark, but I don't know where to put it, so I post it separately.

We noted that Leo (LSMale01) might not have a full left ear. In the matching proposal LSMale01a, I actually see a left ear and it looks quite normal. On the other hand, I see not full left ear in LSMale08 and can see quite some similarity with the brows and nostrils. (LSMale01a and LSMale08 are lyana videos, so that might be not enough for ID).

LSMale08 and LSMale01a are in the same sequence, they must be different chimps.

Leo (LSMale01)

enter image description here

LSMale08 (He is the one with the butt wound, but LSMale08a has no face shot.)

LSMale01a (I - at least - see a left ear.)

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Maybe to post the back view as well. (The only other thing that catches my eye are the light testicles. The butt wound is not seen in Leo.)

Leo from ACP0005wbj and ACP0005wbk

LSMale08 from ACP0005wcn

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

So you think that actually CDMale08 is Leo (CDMale01) and this way CDMale01a can not be Leo (CDMale01) because they appear in the same sequence ( ACP0005wcm, n, o), right?

Make sense, also looking the pictures from the back you posted from CDMale08 and Leo, I can see the same patron of grey...

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I think, we both talk about the LS-9 males 😉 and yes, that is my idea. (I know, the videos are not perfect for ID and matching, but maybe we can keep it in mind at least.)

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I agree that Leo & LSMale08 look like the same individual, as presented here.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

ups, yes, sorry. As I still watching videos from CD-8 I mixed the names.... 😕

Posted