Chimp & See Talk

Krikkit in daylight?

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I make a new thread to compare ACP0005n5o to black & white clip ACP0005qwa of Krikkit as I can't keep several comparisons straight at once, but I'm referring to:

this long discussion you guys had http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000l/discussions/DCP0000dog
    where AnLand says: I've seen here a young male with very light legs and lower back. ACP0005n5o (the one closest to the camera). Only thing that catches my eye are the very light testicles.

ACP0005n5o Chimp has light lower back and light slim legs, he has light testicles which are pink and a slight knobby protrusion on his rear, he has a light patch in his armpit area, a barrel-shaped chest, he walks with his slim legs rather straight, he has a pale muzzle and nose, and darker eye area, his left ear is intact and nicely formed. All of this is easier seen in stop-motion as he moves somewhat quickly. The previews are not good but some of this can be seen here:

enter image description here

Compare to ACP0005qwa Krikkit: has light lower back and light slim legs, he has light testicles and a slight knobby protrusion on his rear, he has a light patch in his armpit area, a barrel-shaped chest, he walks with his slim legs rather straight, he has a pale muzzle and his nose is also pale, and a darker eye area, his left ear is intact and nicely formed.

Krikkit left profile

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

One other defining feature of Krikkit is that his ear lobe is on a line with his eye because his ears are high on his head.

Krikkit ear lobe is even with his eye

Image ACP0005n5o This chimp moves fast but when stop-motion viewing you can see that his earlobe is also on a line with his eyes. No good previews but this blurry one shows that earlobe/eye spatial relationship.

earlobe/eye spatial relationship

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

In Image ACP0005n1e we see two other features that define Krikkit - his pale fingers and his pale ears.

Krikkit has pale fingers

We can see in the color view ACP0005n5o that his fingers are colored pink which makes them appear light in the black & white images. When stop-motion viewing we can see his ear is very peachy-pink in color causing the light appearance in the black & white images.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP0005wka Referring back to http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000l/discussions/DCP0000dog where you all talked about no. 3 guy in the group crossing. I agree with AnLand that this guy is Krikkit.

This chimp has pale pink fingers which can be seen when they catch the light here as he enters:
    Pink fingers on this chimp

His ear also catches the light and we can see the peachy-pink coloration in the clip but there are no good previews of this.

ACP0005wkb In this next clip we can see the slight knobby protrusion on his rear and light back hair continuing down his legs which are slim. We can also see the light patch of fur on his side near his armpit in the clip. His muzzle is light as is his nose. His eyebrows are light and curved.

Slight knobby protrusion

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi @Snorticus,

What a great description of Krikkit! And I agree!, the body shape, the gray of the back, the slight protrusion on his rear. Hard to compare their faces because he moves very fast in ACP0005n5o, and we can barely see his face in ACP0005wkb but I agree with the rest of features. And also seems that there are other two same-size chimps in LS-9, but Iggy is darker (and a little bit smaller I think) and the other one (the second juvUnID in ACP0005wkb- that actually could be LSMale11) he does not have this little protuberance.

Good job Snorticus!
    I am going to add him to the list 😃

Posted