Chimp & See Talk

WELCOME TO DRY LAKE

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Hi everyone,

welcome to site number 11, DRY LAKE , the first savannah chimp site!

We will first post the list of prospective chimps and you will then be asked to match your chimp videos with the prospective chimps page.

If you all agree, this time I will copy @PaulDG ´s system and separate the prospective and the known chimps lists, as I think it makes it clearer.

And remember, sometimes it is very difficult to be sure about a match but don't feel frustrated if we don't identify all the chimps...

So feel free to start discussions on videos and suggest any change you consider relevant.

I am very happy to `read´ you again 😃

Posted

• Bohe by Bohe scientist

I was the guy in the field placing the camera's. From time to time I will have a look and see if I can help with the discussions! I have already been through all the +/- 16.000 videos but very curious to see what comes out of this 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

hey @Bohe!!

great to have you here! maybe you can share a bit with us this amazing experience of placing cameras in the forest...I am sure you have interesting answers for us...

Thanks for participating 😃

Posted

• majportugal by majportugal in response to Bohe's comment.

Hi, just looked at dry-lake-11 60S 06-08-2013 00:40 Could the construction with pins and ropes be a trap?

Best regards,
    majportugal

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to majportugal's comment.

Hi @majportugal!

could you please post the name of the video where you found it? for example like this: ACP0006i2b. It´s right on the upper-left corner of the image; you will find this: Image ACP0006i2b, you just have to copy-paste the number in the thread where you want to comment it 😃

Thanks!

Posted