Chimp & See Talk

2 Chimps Using Tools

• depuppy3 by depuppy3

These 2 chimps use tools to fish out termites. ACP00078bv ACP00078bx ACP00078by Wish I had the clip of them walking up.

Posted

• depuppy3 by depuppy3

enter image description here Side view of chimp facingaway

Posted

• depuppy3 by depuppy3

enter image description here Pic of chimp facing camera

Posted

• depuppy3 by depuppy3

enter image description here Would be the better pic of the chimp facing camera but for the date stamp

Posted

• depuppy3 by depuppy3

Any idea the age on the one climbing up?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to depuppy3's comment.

hi @depuppy , do you mean the female?

it is really hard to say, as we can´t see her entire body or face...but I would say by her swellings that she must be more than 10, and by her fur I would say no more than 20...sorry for the poor approximation 😦 .

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I was a bit baffeled when I found this video ACP00070n5. The series: ACP00070n2 ACP00070n3 ACP00070n4 is actually a duplicate of the series mentioned above.

enter image description here

Posted

• depuppy3 by depuppy3

That is odd

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @Boleyn and @depuppy3 - we had duplicates before. This happens, sorry. But thanks for pointing it out, I will make a note in the spreadsheet.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Thanks @AnLand 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Sorry, but I don´t think that the female can be a prospective 😦 You can only see half of her face in some seconds and the light makes it even more confusing. I wouldn´t recognize her if she appeared again in another video.

But although a shadow covers his/her face, we could have him/her as a prospective 😃

Thanks @depuppy3 !

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

no harm done, I remember I've seen that happen before. Better to see a duplicate than no chimps at all! Although I can't complain on this behalf. I was quite lucky in the past two or three days. 😃

Posted