Chimp & See Talk

Family with three kids

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This might not be enough for a match, but I recognized that we potentially have a second family with three kids. The juveniles do not have a similar size and are more age-spaced as I would expect. DL11Female1 with Juv1 and Inf1 (and another older juvenile). It might be a bit suggestive, but the older juvenile is looking to the female and I think they belong together.

enter image description here

I remembered this when I saw in @daguta 's favorites this video with a female with a ventral infant and two juveniles of similar* age. The traits might be not enough, but she has the same brows with a small dip, extended baldness and uneven (wavy) forehead and a fur that looks somehow not so smooth. Ears are present and stick out. ACP0006lcy

*not similar to each other, but similar to the other juveniles

First juvenile:

Second juvenile:

Female with ventral infant:

Problem for the first video: no time stamp and to whom belongs the older juvenile, for the second: what triggered the motion detector (= are there other chimp(s) in front of them?).

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

That would somehow also support the match to DL11Female12 who is seen with a ventral infant and two juveniles of different size. But the time stap here suggest that the infant might be carried dorsally as well later in ACP0006lcy (seven months later!)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

hmmm...you are right @AnLand, this video is not enough for a match. But still I donĀ“t want to lose them. I am adding them to the "Other notable individuals, hopefully we can match them later" section with an annotation.

Thanks!

Posted