Chimp & See Talk

Back dot lady

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

At this point I'm leaning to the conclusion that there are two females with back spots. One has a smaller dot, the other has a larger somewhat diagonal patch. The one with the small dot always carries her infant ventral, and is seen with a smallish juvenile. The one with the larger patch carries her infant both ventral and dorsal, and is usually seen with a med/large juvenile. Both are very bald. I'm giving each their own thread with this same intro. I didn't reread everything said about these females before, so I apologize for repeating things from other people -- these ideas are not all my own, but I don't remember who said what previously. I look forward to hearing other opinions -- I'm sure I've missed some details, and I'm not totally convinced myself that I have it right anyway ; )

Female with small dot on back:

ACP00071ba ACP00071bb ACP00071bc ACP00071bd (she's in the 4 member family thread, but actually the clip only shows her, the ventral infant, and the small juvenile)

enter image description here

ACP00064oq (2nd female, with ventral infant) ACP00064or -- her back looks greyer, but I think it's the angle revealing thin hair, rather than actually grey hair

ACP0006lgq ACP0006lgr ACP0006lgs ACP0006lgt

I also think (though I think it was said before by someone else) that she's Fem12 from ACP00064om ACP00064on

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

see Diagonal back patch lady thread 😃

...these patches look different and smaller though 😕

Posted