Chimp & See Talk

Female walks close to camera

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP00079sm Would you guys who know these females and infants take a look at this gal? She comes fairly close to the camera so should be able to ID. She might have a white spot on her nose but not sure if that's the light or food or a pigment thing. A juvenile walks behind then sits, looking toward them but also behind them so unclear if connected.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Great find! I think she at least deserves a temporary name. Date: 3/15/2013

Medium-sized mother

Sparse hair on head with a center "part"

Both ears intact, left one has a cut or indention at the back outer edge

Lighter gray muzzle, even lighter around the mouth

Long face with wide mouth, drooping lower lip

Flat bow-shaped brow

Body dark with no visible marks, long nipples

Medium-sized infant with slightly pink grayish face, large or fluffy-looking head and close-set eyes

I don't think the older juvenile behind her belongs with her, as it stops and waits for someone else in the next clip ( ACP00079sn ). There's a fairly decent view of an adult male in front of her, also ( ACP00079sl ).

I see resemblances to DLFem17 & DLInf16 (but missing DLJuv11, unless I'm wrong about the juv in this clip) and DLFem18 (ears may not be as protruding, and her kid situation is unclear).

Female and infant

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Great find!!

#DL11Female31 + #DL11Infant26

Thanks Snorticus!!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to ksigler's comment.

@Ksigler, Female17 is a good point, similar face shape and coloration, and infants fit too. Female18 is a bit confusing...as you say, her ears are a bit more protruded and sort of clearer too.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I actually think, there is something (a bend at the outer edge) on her left ear. Best seen at 10 sec. At least, it does not look perfectly round.

(And my first guess has been DL11Female2, also because of the face of the infant. But I am far from sure here. DL11Female18 has in my opinion an infant with a very dark face mask that does not fit here.)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

yes, I saw her left ear `cut´ (or deformation) too. No good shot of it, better seen in the video.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Had to zoom in, but I see the cut now.... thanks!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I put Fem.31 and Fem.17 together... 😃

Posted