Chimp & See Talk

DLFem21?

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Pretty sure this is DLFem21 again in ACP00071qe and ACP00071qf, unfortunately only the tiniest glimpse at her face. She has the same larger build, dark back and legs, dark rear with almost no pink, bald hips, and dorsal infant. I suspect she has one large juvenile (seen in these two new clips), and in the previous video of her -- ACP00071au -- only one of the two juveniles is actually hers.

enter image description here

Let's see if we can find another video with her face : )

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

you are right, those hips are very similar:

one

and Female21´s hips:

one

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Definitely! I knew we could match the hips again easily once we found them. And the infant is the same size with the white tuft as cute little DLInfant21. Good job, @jwidness!

Posted

Great!!

if no one disagrees, @jwidness, they´re all yours XD

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I actually think she might also be the first female from ACP00071py ACP00071pz ACP00071q0 that @Snorticus posted.

All three sequences are from the same cam within 2 weeks of each other. Still no face view 😕 I'm worried that if we name her without a good face view that we might accidentally match her from the front as someone else.

Posted

hmm...i´m not sure. I see this last female´s rear a big clearer and more baldish than Fem21 and your first video here ( ACP00071qe )

ACP00071qe: one

Female21: one

and ACP00071py: one

what do you think?

Posted

...no face shots though :{

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi all, I agree we should not name individuals only based on their back view as they might be someone else we only know from the face. (I do not think that any of our named females could be this one though.) Just as a standard. We can acknowledge and make the match, but not name them. If we really want to name them (I think, it's not necessary) then we should do it at the very end when all videos are together and re-checked again. Without a face (or something recognizable like the half face view), it will not be possible to find her again.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

sounds like a good plan, thanks @AnLand 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

What about this female with a dorsal infant followed by a juvenile. Position of the baby might be a bit suggestive. But robust body build and very "invisible" swelling. ACP00064no Just came up for classification. Still no face view. 😦

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

I think we should have them together, and I decided to create a new post for those that are a potential match but that we can´t tell for sure. Maybe we can go back to them at some point :]

POTENTIAL MATCHES WITHOUT FACE VIEWS

Posted