Chimp & See Talk

Anja(DBFem03)&DBInf03,DBJuv01 -- Female with a wide face carrying infant and a juvenile following

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

One hour ago I learned again that one should never hit the backspace key when writing a post. I was just ready to hit "create" and got me everything deleted. :[ so here's a new try:

Videos: ACP00080hz

I think this female has quite distinctive features: she's got quite a large face with the same bright color all over including the triangle shape on her forehead. Brows are quite straight, only a little protruded with some white hairs. Also the beard is whitish. Regular nose and flat muzzle in contrary to some protruding muzzles we have seen here already. The right ear seems to be intact, left one not visible.
    Her fur is mostly gray or at least not dark except for her shoulders, forearms and forelegs.

The infant is much darker than the mother with a very bright muzzle. No screenshot available.

enter image description here

The second video has been found by @Eswiniarsky ACP00080i1

S/he described it as female but I'm not sure if this is true? I think it is a juvenile following the female and what is considered a swelling is still a big white tuft. Opinions?
    Otherwise the youngster has a round face, regular face color (no darker area around the eyes) and a white beard. Right ear seems to be intact, straigt brows and the hairline goes almost down to the brows. (don't know what the correct expression for this would be?)

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Great description! I would see her as a match: ACP00083tr, ACP00083tu, ACP00083ty, ACP00083u1 - not sure who found her. Infant age fits, broad face with slightly rounded brows, robust body size with small sexual swelling. Lighter face.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

Hate when that happens 😕

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

@Boleyn - I feel your pain. 😃 Here's a tip... I have a tendency to click links, intending to open them in new tabs, so I began writing my posts in Notepad or some word processor. Or, if I need to add lots of images and want the preview in the browser, I periodically copy & paste the text into Notepad as a back-up. That way, in case I click wrong, I'll have a back-up safe in a completely different window. Sounds like extra effort, but not compared to re-writing from scratch.

I agree that the younger chimp in your 2nd clip is a juvenile rather than an adult, but it may still be a female juvenile. 😃

@AnLand, I agree the females look similar, but it feels too early to say there aren't any other chimps that look like that. Especially considering the different lighting and obscured view. You could be right, though. :-\

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hello all!!

• ACP00080hz are DBFem03 & DBInf03 from now. Great description, thanks! And entering DBJuv01.
    • ACP00080i1 is DBJuv01. Hard to know if is male or female, but maybe we see it again with DBFem03 & DBInf03.
    • ACP00083tr I added them as DBFem03b & DBInf03b. The mom's face is really similar to DBFem03, and also they have the same homogenous back color, which is quite different for example from DBFem01. But is good idea to wait to see more videos.

Thanks a lot!!

Posted

Thank you all!
    It's just great to have a place with so many chimps, I'm really happy about this 😄

@AnLand I've just seen the videos of DBFem03b yoou posted in the recent and instantly had the feeling, that she's the same as DBFem03. But there's no need to hurry with matching, I agree.

@ksigler thanks for reminding me. I actually have used the editor already in some earlier posts but just didn't think of doing it again with this post - my bad! nothing else happended than a little time lost 😃

Posted

Thanks to you for don't give up after delete your post, and for posting it again!!! 😉

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Why, @PauDG do I have a choice? hooked is hooked! >; ) 😄

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Lol agreed, @Boleyn "hooked is hooked" - I sometimes feel a bit weird about my compulsion to look for & talk about chimps!

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

I'm so glad you guys are hooked 😄

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

haha, I know what you mean @Snorticus - when I tell somebody what I'm doing here they mostly look bemused if not bewildered.
    Well, at least we're not alone - 😃

@MimiA when I was a kid all my frieds wanted to be a children's-nurse. I wanted to be a keeper 😛 Maybe that's a little explanation...

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

So true! But chimps and animals are so very cool, they don't know the fun they're missing 😉

Posted

hahahaha, @Boleyn tell your friends to try it! they will understand you intermediately 😉

Posted

you're both right, @Snorticus and @PauDG and I did tell some friends. But somehow I seem to be the only one infected with the chimp-virus. Not that I would understand them... =/

Posted

the same happen with my friends... we will find the way!

Posted

• yshish by yshish moderator

Haha, I think it is the same with friends all around the world 😃

Posted

The rightmost female in ACP0007zlh, ACP0007zlj, ACP0007zll, ACP0007zlp might be a match to DBFem03 - based on the brows, the midline baldness, and the infant.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

I think you're right @AnLand. I had to find a pic in profile but now I'm persuaded 😃
    Altthough it's from the other side I think it's very much alike:

DBFemale03:

Posted

Hi all!!!

I agree, I think they are the same, the forehead has the same shape.
    Any good view from the infant?

I am going to add her as DBFem03c just in case we need to go back, but I think is time to start giving some names, don't you think??

AnLand, which name do you think fit well to this female?? 😉

Remember that we are going to name the infants at the end of the site

Posted

So, I propose the name Anja. I like her.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Excellent choice! ;D

Posted

Great!! Thanks;)

Posted

hehe...how very apt @AnLand!

Posted