Chimp & See Talk

DBJuv09--Crooked mouth male

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP0007tnm Crooked mouth young male

crooked mouth male

This young male seems to me to have a crooked mouth, pulled up and to the left. Kind of funny that he stops to do a little nut cracking while the other many chimps seem to be in a rush and somewhat nervous about something behind them.

It may just be the terrain but he seems to walk in a stooped rounded back posture. He has a smallish body which makes me think he's a young male, also a rounded belly. His pale muzzle coloring arcs up to include his nose, brow is fairly straight and light colored. Inside left arm hair is sparse. .

Other series clips: ACP0007tnp eating some nuts, ACP0007tns decides maybe he ought to run like everyone else. He seems like an odd little fellow.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi!!!

I think he has something in his mouth, probably a nut to crack. In the last video he has a normal mouth...http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0007tns

Great, so now we know that there are at least three juveniles in this site 😉

The quality of this video is not the best, and he is quite far... I don't know If we will recognize him again.

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

I agree with @PauDG that the crooked mouth is due to something carried in his mouth.

Brows are rather straight and only slightly rounded, balding on the forehead also is only very slight. The head is broad, the ears are set high up and somewhat sticking out. The face is bright.

Personally, I think it's interesting that he cracks the nuts open with his left but eats with his right.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

watching again this video I found that one ACP0007tpu , that is not new for many of you, but it is the first time I see it! It is so cool!!!

one
    one
    one

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to PauDG's comment.

Agreed! This riding clip is the coolest!

Posted