Chimp & See Talk

DBFem13, DBFem14-- ACP00081ib ACP00081ic

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hello all,
    I opened this different thread to talk about this two females with infants found by @hoothoot.

We are not sure if they are the same, because they are quite far. A match with DBFem05 & DBJuv05 has been discarded because of the infant size.

A match between DBFem07 and ACP00081ib has been proposed because the mouth pigmentation, but ACP00081ib and ACP00081ic are very far.

Comments, proposals, opinions are very welcome!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I've had today ACP00081i8 for classification and just looked into the scene and related discussions. My opinion is that ACP00081ib and ACP00081ic are not the same female. In ACP00081i8 (belongs to ACP00081ib) the female has a slightly grayer back and the infant is bigger than in ACP00081ic.

Also, the camera reaction is different. And as ACP00081ib comes before ACP00081ic (not clear whether adjacent in real time, but adjacent in spreadsheet), her protecting gesture (getting her infant ventrally after seeing the camera) makes no sense if she has seen the camera before and sitting relaxed while her infant is meters away.

I have not really an idea about matchings at the moment.

Posted

Hello AnLand, thanks a lot for your comments!

If I remember well we agreed that ACP00081ib and ACP00081ic were are not the same, so fit with your opinion.

I am going to add them as:

Thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Oh, OK, I am very sorry. You wrote above: "We are not sure if they are the same, because they are quite far." Shall I delete my posting?

Posted

ah no no, don't delete anything. Maybe was only me who thought that I wrote it in my notes.

BTW, I have added two more fem&inf in the PROSPECTIVE / KNOWN CHIMPS list, DBFem11 and DBFem12.

Do you think they could be DBFem13 and DBFem14? one has dark back and the other gray back, as DBFem11 and DBFem12.

Well, that is not 100% clear because the videos from DBFem11 and DBFem12 are veeery far, but that was my impression 😕

Thanks!

Posted