Chimp & See Talk

DBMale03b--Match to DBMale03?

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I am far from sure here as it is quite a distance and some bushes are in between, but video quality is quite good and he might be DBMale03. Quite some baldness, slightly gray back, slightly rounded brows and lighter muzzle. ACP00084dx

enter image description here

DBMale03 for comparison

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hello AnLand!!!
    nice to see you here, everyone is in the other sites 😦
    I understand it, here we don't see gorillas or good quality videos :p

Thanks for the porposal. I also think they are similar.

I am not sure, but there is something in the right ear of ACP00084dx , or is just the video?? What do you think?

I am going to add him as DBMale03b , for now. Thanks a lot!!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

oh poor @PauDG left all alone!

I will be back at dawnbird soon too. There are still some interesting chimps waiting for their names, aren't they? 😉

I also see many similarities in those two chimps but can't tell if there's something with the right ear between all these bushes.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I think, I know what you mean with the right ear, but I really cannot say what it is and whether there is anything. There might be notch midway (if that is what you mean).

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

ahaha, yes, we have pending some matches proposed, as Male02 and Male02d. But we need to know more from this population and watch more videos. Looking forward to see more! 😉

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Hi AnLand, yes, is that what i mean, and maybe is nothing.... Well, he is already in the list as match proposed. Let see if we feel sure enough to do the match. Thanks a lot!

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

Hey guys,

to me the heads don't match. The head of the male in ACP00084dx is not broad enough and also his ears are set much higher. Also do the ears look more folded; the ears of the male in ACP0007twp are straight and stick out.
    Also when comparing their profiles, the whiteness/beard seems to spread out further along the lower jaw of the male in ACP00084dx, while for the male in ACP0007twp it stops short at the muzzle with both jaws at the same level. (this is better seen in the video at 0:07).

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to hoothoot's comment.

Thanks for your opinion @hoothoot.

Any other match suggestion with DBMale03 or DBMale03b? Many many thanks

Posted