Chimp & See Talk

DBFem01d--DBFem01b&DBInf01b match?

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I may be influenced by the similar infant camera reactions, but I see similarities between these two clips. In both, I see a medium-large mother with gray hair all over, round abdomen, lighter speckled muzzle, balding head, and irregular right ear. Riding in the same position dorsally, a small infant with a round head and ears, straight brow and white tail tuft.

ACP000873q - DBFem01b and DBInf01b:

DBFem01b

And ACP00080uh :

mother & infant

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I just came across your second video ACP00080uh while classifying and instantly thought that this must again be the same female. To me all of these DBFem01x absolutely look the same as well as this cute infant, which is always riding a bit higher up on the back. The infant's face always has a bright muzzle including nose, dark mask around the eyes, quite big, probably a little mottled ears, slightly rounded brows.

The females have the same gray pattern, a big part of the back, lower back and the entire legs. Balding looks the same, brows, face shape etc. It's just that all the videos/stillshots are too grainy to really see clear features. But the overall impression to me says match.

Once more to compare them all in one thread:

enter image description here

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

I wasn't as convinced about all the others, which is why I posted a new thread. DBFem01b and ACP00080uh look more robust to me than Fem01c, with smaller ears than Fem01 (though we only see them all from one side). I agree, the light & video quality makes for a tough comparison. I'll keep looking.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all,

For me also all the DBFem01 (b, c and d) are really similar, as the infants are.
    I am going to add this new one as DBFem01d, until we decide with which ones we do the match.

Many thanks 😉

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

Hey,

when comparing the infants, they both seem to have a brighter muzzle, dark face mask but light brows, which are round. Both times the ears are sticking out. However, I'm not sure if the ears of the infant in ACP00080uh don't stick out a bit more.

As for the females, the grayness in ACP00080uh looks very marked of (also on her sides), almost like a square grey blanket she threw over her bottom. For ACP000873q this is more difficult to see (at least for me; black and white shots do make it easier to spot lighter parts).

And this could also be due to the light/angle, but the brow ridges of the female in ACP00080uh look a lot more protruding than of the female in ACP000873q

Posted

Hello @hoothoot, nice to meet you, I think is the first time I see you here. Welcome! and many thanks for your help.

We talked a little bit about this different gray gradient in this thread and I think fits good with what you are proposing.

So, apparently we have 2 very similar females&inf, but with a different gray back patron.

And DBFem01c, what do you think? I would say marked... Thanks a lot!

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

Hello @PauDG, thank you ! It is nice to be here 😃 !

For Fem01c I agree with you, she is marked as well. I also compared her with Fem01; it may only be due to the position of the infant, but to me it looks like as if the greyness of Fem01c reaches further up her back, almost to the middle of her body, while the "grey blanket" of Fem01 stays more or less a bit further than the hips

Fem01c

Fem01

Posted

Unfortunately the last still images from Fem01 dont work, but if you stop the video in the 6th second, you can see that the gray color goes higher. In my opinion both backs are really similar.

I am going to open a new thread talking about the two females

• gradient gray: ACP0007gxk | DBFem01b

• marked gray: DBFem01 | DBFem01d

Let me know what do you think about DBFem01c.

Many thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I am still looking, but @PauDG, could you please tag ACP0007haw with DBFem01c (it is the start and shows much more from her face and ears). Thanks!

Posted

Done, thanks @AnLand!

Feel free to tag the videos by yourself if you want, especially if we have talked already about some video from that sequence.
    Just let me know after, and I will add the video to the prospective/known list 😉

Many many thanks!

Posted