Chimp & See Talk

Ndidi&Nimble(DBFem09/09b)--Slim female with gray back and legs and a bigger dorsal infant

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

The females and kids at Dawn Bird are somehow hard, but here I see the same slim body build, gray back, and legs. Slightly rounded brows, ears that stick out quite a lot and the same light beard. She is quite bald and her nostrils appear rather wide, but flat. The infant's size fit. The camera reaction is basically the same in both situations.

Videos found by @Dana23 and @Snorticus.

ACP0007kob

enter image description here

ACP0007gl3

Posted

I've just seen that @Snorticus proposed this match in the comments. But it is not posted here somewhere, right?

I've also seen that speculated that this female from ACP0007h5l, ACP0007h5r, ACP0007h5s might be a match. I am not sure about this, but nothing against this sticks out. Maybe the beard is not the same.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

@AnLand ACP0007kob and ACP0007gl3 look very much the same. I'm not sure about the female in your second post. This one seems to be less thin and less balding.

What do you think about the female passing by in this video ACP0007koh ? Could this be the skinny one as well?

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all!

• I agree that the two first ( ACP0007kob and ACP0007gl3) are the same because the baldness shoulders is exactly the same. I am going to add them as DBFem09 and DBFem09b just in case we need to split them again
    • ACP0007h5l, I am not sure, I think she has more hair. She will be DBFem10
    • ACP0007koh, was also "proposed" as match with ACP0007kob by @jwidness in the comment of ACP0007koh, but they are passing too fast!! could be also, but would help to see something specific. 😕

I can not find the match proposed by @Snorticus, could you please send the link AnLand? So we can ask her again, and see who could select a name. Many many thanks!! 😉

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Hi @PauDG - see the comment in this video: ACP0007gl3 when @Snorticus proposed that it is the same the 7kob. I in principle also agree to @jwidness suggestion with ACP0007koh - but I cannot exclude that she is not somebody else. Quite some moms with bigger infants and she is traveling too fast for me.

Posted

ahh true true! as the video is not in blue, I missed it! thanks a lot.

And thanks for your comments 😉

Posted

Do you agree if we do a match between DBFem09 and Fem09b ??

Posted

Females 09 and 09b are the same, of this I'm sure. The head and face is so similar as well as the built.

In the comments to video ACP0007kob of DBFem09 @Snorticus pointed out her bald spot on the right shoulder and I tried to find this also in the videos of DBFemale10 (videos posted above by @Anland ) of which I thought she looked not as thin. But she has the same features as DBFem09 including balding head, whitish brows, white beard, gray back/legs. We just see her from closer as in the other videos. So, just when she moves out of the frame to the right in video ACP0007h5s I caught her in a screenshot that seems to show a bald spot on her right shoulder. I don't think that this is only a light reflexion. What do you think? Could it also be DBFem09 ?

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Hello!

thanks a lot Boleyn. About DBFem10, I that particular still image I thing is the sun light, if you see the video you can see that the light moves, so I ma not sure 😕

@Snorticus, do you want to propose a name for DBFem09/09b? 😉

Thanks all!!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Thank you for asking me to name this lovely shy gal. Can I let the next person on your list name her? Thanks!

Posted

No problem,

Maybe @Ksigler wants to select a name. She is being very active in the site too, and she has not selected a name yet.
    What do you think @Ksigler?

Thanks all!

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

In case anyone is wondering about the status of this, I suggested another volunteer for the naming and this is being pursued. In the meantime, I have 2 other clips to throw in for consideration for Fem09, the thin mother with light gray back and chin, and hairless shoulders.

Seen in both of these clips with Fem06 & Fem06b and their infant shoulder riders (I think these are the same, btw):

I'm a little more confident about ACP0007gx6 , where she is followed by an infant and an older juvenile. Terrible still photo, but in the clip you can clearly see her thin frame, long face, and hairless patches on the shoulders. The back looks darker, but maybe lighting? The infant is medium-sized with a very visible white tail tuft.

female

Also, ACP0007s48 - infant riding dorsally here, so not much of the back is seen, but it appears lighter. Interestingly, though, the infant holds on to her shoulders where the hairless patches are seen in Fem09. Infant has visible white tail tuft. Mother is a little less thin, but still lean, with a bald head and gray chin. 2 older juveniles also present.

female

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to ksigler's comment.

Hello @Ksigler,

I have asked @Vestigial about the name, thank you very much.

About the two new proposals, I also feel more confident about the first one (ACP0007gx6) than the second one. She pass very quickly. Do you agree if we add her in the "proposed matches" part for now, as the one from ACP0007koh ?

The one form ACP0007gx6 looks very very similar, I think is she. I am going to add her as Fem09c until more people tell us if they agree, and until we have a name.

Great about Fem06 and Fem06b. Have you commented already in their thread? maybe we can close the match if some people agree on that.

Many thanks!

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I had forgotten about ACP0007koh - definitely looks the same to me. I'm fine with however you want to organize these until we narrow them down. Thanks! 😃 And I just added a comment to the thread about Fem06.

Posted

perfect! thanks a lot

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Sorry for the delay getting back to you about the name. I have actually named a few chimps on the site so if there is someone else that would like to name her I'm fine with that. If not, I'll see what I can come up with.

Posted

Here?? I think you have not named any chimp in Dawn Bird.

For now here we have:

• Rai (by MingMing),
    • Anja (by AnLand),
    • Puskin (AnLAnd),
    • Vili (by yshish)
    • Bora (by Dana23) and
    • Nakula (by Boleyn)

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Oh, OK. Let me find something.

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

How about Ndidi? It means patience.

Posted

Very good fit! 😃

Posted

ahahah, perfect! Thank you very much 😉

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Paula asked me to name an infant and I would like to name Ndidi's DBInf09

This infant is quite agile at getting on Ndidi's back at a moment's touch as in ACP0007gl3 so I'd like to name DBInf09 Nimble. Thanks!

Posted

Cool name 😃

Posted

very cool!
    Thanks a lot @Snorticus

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Is this also Ndidi & Nimble? She is quite thin and bald, with large low-set ears and a very gray back. The juvenile is the same age/size, and certainly "nimble." 😃

ACP0007g9e

Female and juvenile climbing

Female and juvenile climbing2

Posted

the back grey patron reminds me to DBFem10 (there is like a dark curve going down in the right side). But I am having problems to see Ndidi's back, because in the first video, where we can see well the back, Nimble is moving just in that moment...

What do you think?

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I see that curve between the dark and light on the side of the back but also see it on Ndidi, more so than DBFem10. I also thought the shoulders also looked bare. It's hard to tell, though. For comparison:

Ndidi collection, ACP0007kob

Ndidi
    Ndidi
    Ndidi

DBFem10 collection, ACP0007h5r

DBFem10
    DBFem10
    DBFem10

ACP0007g9e

new
    new
    new

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to ksigler's comment.

I think the patron fits, i would do the match. Do you too ksigler?
    Any other opinion?

Thanks!

Posted

They look very much alike. I think she's the only one with so bright and much grey fur and this particular slim built. Size of the infant fits as well.

Posted

Thanks a lot @Bolyen 😉

Posted