Chimp & See Talk

Match proposal to DBFemale01b

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

You're probably wondering why I'm making a proposal to DBFem01b and not to all the DBfemale01 group. This is because I'm not absolutely convinced about 01 and 01b beeing the same chimp. In my opinion 01 has thinner legs which are also more grey than those of 01b. The infant of 01b seems to have straigther eyebrows than the one of o1. This said I'd like to make the proposal for the female in this video: ACP0007gxk

At the beginning she's overexposed which makes her features look somehow odd. Also it seems that she is completely bald but right at the end of the video we can see that she still has some hair at about the same amount as DBFem01b.

enter image description here

I tried to catch DBFemale01b from ACP000873q at about the same angle and brigthened the pic a little up:

Other traits they have in common are their long nipples, the beginning of the darker hair on the back of the head, bright muzzle, a little darker around the eyes and most convincing for me the nick or little knot in the right ear. Both has whitish brows, darker fur at the arms with a gray area at the inner arms, grayish at the back and the legs where the hair seems to be a bit thin. In contrary with DBFem01 the hair seems to be quite thick and very gray (s. last still). There seems to be a whitish patch at the right side of the throat.

In the still we can see that this female has some nicely rounded browsenter image description here

DBFemale01 to compare with the two ladies above. From this side she seems to fit nicely with female of ACP0007gxk but since we cannot see her right side and her ear I'm not sure.

Looking forward to your opinions! Thanks.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi Boleyn!!

Is true that if we compare the female backs, they look different. The gray back in females ACP0007gxk and Fem01b is more gradient, though in Fem01 is more marked.

Fem ACP0007gxk

one

Fem01b ACP000873q

one

Fem01 ACP0007h9e

Unfortunately the last still images of this video don't work, but please look the sec 8 of the video.

Posted

Exactly, and in your still pic of Fem ACP0007gxk one can also see that her body and legs are sturdier as the ones of DBFem01.

Posted

yes, I agree.

Let's see what the rest thinks.
    Thanks a lot @Boleyn 😉

Posted

You're very welcome @PauDG! My last efforts before I go on holidays 😃

Posted

Enjoy your holidays!!

Posted

No other opinions on this one?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

I will look into it, I promise!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hm, I said earlier (but yes, not in the first place!) that DBFem01b is not DBFem01 as the infant's baldness does not fit. Inf01 has a centered baldness while Inf01b does not and has a rounder face.

Both females discussed here seems to have something on their right ear but I cannot determine what. It does not look perfectly normal. ACP0007gxk has quite a belly and her infant seems to be a bit smaller (or thinner). I cannot say whether that fits the time frame.

What let me doubt is that ACP0007gxk's brows are not protruded at all, as if she does not have a brow ridge, all is flat. While DBFem01b looks quite normal in the profile.

In brief: I just don't know at the moment. Personally I would DBFem01c throw in here because of the ears and very flat face and brows.

Posted

Thanks AnLand!

I agree with you about something happening in the right ear in both females.

I opened here a new thread to talk about all these females. If you want we can continue there.

I have been skipping to add ACP0007gxk to the list, because I thought we would do the match soon. But maybe is better if we add her now. What do you think about DBFem01b2, it is too confusing?

Thanks all!!

Posted

Thank you @AnLand for looking into it. Yes I know it's quite confusing with her brows but I thought it's mainly because of the overexposure of video ACP0007gxk that we cannot see her brows better. Towards seconds 9/10 the brows can be seen quite good and they appear normal to me, not protruded but rounded and quite bright.

Regarding the size of the infant I still think they are the same size. In ACP0007gxk it slept down a bit because it's sleeping but when it crawls up the back (seconds 7 to 11) you can see it's full size. Also the fact that it's sleeping in both scenes is somehow odd. I haven't seen other infants sleeping so soundly on mothers backs?

@PauDG I don't know really with what to start in your new thread so I just continued here, sorry!

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

No problem! 😉

Posted