Chimp & See Talk

Probably Bora and her infant in the background entering from right

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

The female chimp entering from the right seems to be Bora:

enter image description here

I'm not sure about the one in the foreground. Could it be Anja?

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Hello Boleyn,

if we look to the complete sequence, we see that is not her, because this female was already in the frame, in tha back, near to the tree, in the video where we found Bora and Anja.

Bora leaves the frame around the video ACP0007zll form the left.

Then looks like Anja leaves the frame in ACP0007zr2.

And then in the next one, ACP0007zr5, the female who was in the back, near to the tree, starts walking.

I have tried to count the chimps in every video, adding "x_chimp" to every video, but there are quite a lot of juv/inf playing around.

What do you think? Do you see the same number of chimps??

I am going to add the female near to the tree ( ACP0007zr5), the female from ACP0007zr7 and the male from ACP0007zr8 to the prospective list.

Thanks a lot!!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Thanks for sorting this out @PauDG I completely forgot to check with the spreadsheet, otherwise I would have noticed that it can't be Bora.
    It's confusing how many chimps we have here that look so similar.

I completely trust you with the numbers - every time I try to count them I get another number 😃 But it's so much fun to see the little ones jump around and obviously having so much fun 😄

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

It is not easy ... I saw the video many times 😃

If anyone count different, please let me know. Would be great if we add the "x_chimp", specially when we don't have identified (with prospective or definitive name) all the chimps in the frame.

Posted