Chimp & See Talk

Same back, same chimp???

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I also want to mention that the third chimp entering the frame in this video ACP0007jpa (in the screenshot on the right) has the same back and butt view incl. the swinging testicles. He has a bigger white spot under the left shoulder blad. No face view, though.

enter image description here

White spot visible in the nightchimp. For the other video only seen in the video at 7 seconds.

enter image description here

I am only posting that because I am not sure how/whether the new chimp identifiers can take such information at least into account.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

hehe...with those two (no. 3 and 4) I would recommend "twins" as an identifer. These are the guys that triggered my post "do chimps have twins". They are quite alike, including the irregular testies 😄

But to be serious: I'm still trying to find out who those two guys are. One I think might be Rai... but I'm still searching.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I know, but have both of them the big white spot on the left side of their back (under the shoulder blade)?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

No, you're right, only the right one has the white spot. The grey part of the back is also a bit longer towards the shoulder blades. The left one has a smaller gray area and a clear line between black and grey.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

And who is that guy!?!

Well seen 😉

Posted