Chimp & See Talk

RSFem04 & RSInf04 (Lesley & RSInf03)--:-)

• lesleylupo by lesleylupo

Mother and baby? I'm a newbie and not sure.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @lesleylupo,

Welcome! I hope you enjoy Chimp & See. Yes, this is a female adult chimp (the mother) carrying her infant on the back.

Posted

• Dana23 by Dana23

https://static.zooniverse.org/www.chimpandsee.org/subjects/56b1fc2c8f75320001910490/previews/56b1fc2c8f75320001910490_1.jpg
    ACP000bmg2 same female and infant?

Posted

Hi @Dana23,

yes, this is the video before and with that the same family (but not a match!). So, we now have a face for the infant and maybe one could recognize the female's swelling again. Might be possible.

For posting pictures you need to click the little photo frame (sixth icon from left) and copy the URL in. Thanks!

Zum Bilder einfügen nutzt Du den Button mit dem kleinen Fotorahmen. Sechstes Bildchen von links. Dann öffnet sich ein Fenster und kopierst die URL hinein. Danke!

enter image description here

Posted

• maureenmccarthy by maureenmccarthy scientist, moderator

Thanks, all! From the rear end, we can exclude Robin and Lesley (2 of the 3 females with infants ID'd so far). It could be Pandora but it's difficult to say because we haven't gotten a good look at her rear end yet. However, this infant's face and brow appear to have a different shape than Pandora's infant, RSInf03, and this female's face looks like it may be lighter than Pandora's from what we see in ACP000bmg6:

one

So for now we can work under the assumption that they are new. I will add them to the prospective chimps list as RSFem04 and RSInf04.

Posted

Might it be that they are Lesley and RSInf03?

Back view Lesley

Infant's size, flat nose, and whitish beard fit

And Lesley's infant is sitting low on her back (so is Pandora's infant, but that is considerably smaller and the facial features do not fit)

Posted

Hmm, not sure why I previously ruled out Lesley but she seems like a good possibility!

Posted

I still vote Lesley here and especially in light of our recent Lesley discussion!

Posted