Chimp & See Talk

Mr. Chow / CFMale04 / Elvis / CFUnclear04 - a possible body match?

• tina_pixie_ by tina_pixie_

Hi,

Making first steps in trying to ID chimps...

I know it is hard to see much on this video, but the body shape of this one and the one from here Image ACP000b3j1 look alike to me. Somehow they both have thin legs and hips.

Thanks,

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hi @tina_pixie!

We haven't started identifying chimps from the #ColdFire site yet - we are having some growing pains at the moment but will hopefully solve this soon! Hold on to this video please and we will get to it as soon as we have a new plan ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks!
    Mimi

Posted

• tina_pixie_ by tina_pixie_ in response to MimiA's comment.

Thanks!

Posted

@tina_pixie_ Cold Fire is now open so I'm moving this discussion to over there ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The original match she (sorry, I am assuming she ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ) proposed was ACP000b71e to ACP000b3j1

(we lost the ACP000b71e part in the move :p )

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

No problem, I deleted.

To help a bit: this here is the full sequence: ACP000b71b, ACP000b71c, ACP000b71d, ACP000b71e - there is more seen than just the body.

Posted

Hi, I am doing my very first try. Have been downloading previews and comparing.

If I go back to the one on the tree (from the videos above), this one looks alike more ACP000baec. Seems like having the same amount of gray on the back, same amount of white around the mouth. Ears look a like and the shape of the head and eyebrows...The movements seem similar. Grayness of the legs is hard to compare. The back/butt also looks alike.
    There is one more shot, but not completely sure (only the grayness on the back reminds me of the two above) ACP000b2dl

The first one I thought is definitely not a match ๐Ÿ˜ƒ, (ACP000b3j1), but I call this one Elvis in my folders - has peculiar hairdo and the hips ๐Ÿ˜„

Well, that was my first try. Any thoughts?

Posted

...and this one does remind me of Elvis Image ACP000b37d

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to tina_pixie_'s comment.

Hi @tina_pixie,

great try! I agree the original match does not fit. The grayness is just not the same. But there is one other trait visible in ACP000b71c and I think, you should look for this trait in other chimps first. (Sorry, that sounds like a scavenger hunt. But maybe you want to look for yourself first.) ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Love challenges ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Still training my eye. Will look at it.

Posted

This is Elvis, definitely ACP000b6k3

Posted

I also think that ACP000b6k3 and ACP000b37d might be the same chimp. But is not your original Elvis chimp from here: ACP000b3j1

And we discussed that it might all be the itchy chimp.

Posted

• tina_pixie_ by tina_pixie_ in response to tina_pixie_'s comment.

ACP000baec might be ACP000b7bj

Posted

OK, let's see:

ACP000baec - now CFMale02 has a very deep cut in his right ear. You can see it very good at around 2 seconds in this video ACP000baeg.

ACP000b7bj - does not have a cut in the ear, but an injured left hand (or better forearm). @vestigial is right, that might be snare wound. It might be similar to de-gloving, but I am not sure. I also think, his back is not that gray.

What do you think?

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

I think this is the chimp tina_pixie_ called Elvis. It's a very thin chimp and to me looks old. There are several video clips that seem to match this chimps characteristics with the bony face, very thin, protruding hips, white mark on left shoulder and large, flat left ear.

http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP000b32z

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

ACP000b3dn - This one, too.

Posted

• SebRivera by SebRivera

Hi, I found that I think is an adult female

Here's the video: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP000b3gd

Posted

(note to @northernlimitptv: this is the post that @SebRivera posted yesterday but in the "wrong" place, so I asked them to start a new thread here instead)

Looking forward to finding a match for this chimp!

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator in response to SebRivera's comment.

Seems like we're still not sure about the sex of our friend here! Let's call them CFUnclear01 for now! They have some distinctive facial features that will hopefully help us find a match!

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator in response to MimiA's comment.

Thanks for the help @MimiA !

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

Hi @vestigial , since you think they're a match to the "Elvis" videos, I have moved your suggestions to the same discussion as the original Elvis videos to make it easier to follow!

Posted

Whew! So there are a lot of videos getting thrown around here! I will address each proposed match in its own comment for no other reason than for the fact that I am a bit slow in responding ๐Ÿ˜„

@tina_pixie_ has suggested that ACP000b71e is a match to ACP000b3j1 and @AnLand has disagreed. I support AnLandโ€™s disagreement as in ACP000b71e we see a gray back while this is not apparent in ACP000b3j1. Was there another characteristic that I missed @AnLand which can help us distinguish the two?
    Both of these chimps however have not yet been given a temporary name, so letโ€™s call

ACP000b71e-> CFMale03

and ACP000b3j1-> CFUnclear02.

ACP000b3j1 looks like they could be pregnant (!), but without a clear view of the genitalia, we canโ€™t be sure.

Posted

@tina_pixie_ also suggested ACP000b37d (which she nicknamed โ€˜Elvisโ€™) to ACP000b3j1 (CFUnclear02), to which @AnLand also disagrees. I must again disagree as CFUnclear02โ€™s face and body appear quite robust while โ€˜Elvisโ€™ in ACP000b37d appears quite slender. Since weโ€™ve not yet made a match with ACP000b37d , we canโ€™t yet formally assign a name to our friend, and weโ€™ll give them a temporary name of CFUnclear03 .

Posted

@tina_pixie_ has been very busy and made a 3rd suggestion that our friend in ACP000b6k3 matches ACP000b37d (CFUnclear03), and @AnLand supports this match!
    Iโ€™d like to operate by means of consensus, so can I hear from a few more folks before we declare it a match? In the meantime letโ€™s call ACP000b6k3 CFUnclear03b

Posted

@tina_pixie_ made a fourth suggestion that ACP000baec (CFMale02) and ACP000b2dl is similar to one of the original videos, but itโ€™s not clear to me which one. I have to say ACP000b2dl is a hard video to match with because we canโ€™t see much, and unfortunately many chimps at Cold Fire have grey backs! Letโ€™s call ACP000b2dl CFUnclear04 for now until we can easily match it.

Posted

@tina_pixie_ made a 5th suggestion that ACP000baec (CFMale02) might be ACP000b7bj, but AnLand disagrees based on ACP000b7bj โ€˜s ear. Letโ€™s call ACP000b7bj -> CFMale04 . Poor guy should be easy to recognize in other videos because of his injury! ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

You're on a roll @tina_pixie_ in finding us new chimps!

Posted

Now hereโ€™s where I get lost! @vestigial suggests ACP000b32z and ACP000b3dn to be Elvis as well. @vestigial do you mean ACP000b37d (CFUnclear03)?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to northernlimitptv's comment.

Yes, I think @vestigial means Elvis, now CFUnclear03 - who is also the itchy chimp. I support that.

Posted

What's this about the itchy chimp @AnLand ? I missed that thread ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Adding this video as a potential match to CFUnclear03 - ACP000b32z

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Yes, I think ACP000b32z, ACP000b3dn and ACP000b37d are the same chimp (formerly known as Elvis and now CFUnclear03). Bony face, really thin, elaborate chewing. I agree that there is another seemingly very thin chimp out there that looks to hang at the same fig tree but that one doesn't look as gray or as old. Kind of sad if there were two really skinny chimps like this but the wild is not always kind and CFUnclear03 looks to have lived a long life and was still trucking along in 2012.

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

I think ACP000b320, ACP000b3ht and ACP000b3ed are also CFUnclear03. I think in that last couple of videos the chimp doesn't look as gray but I think that is a difference in lighting. The mark on the shoulder is there and the skinny hips and bony legs and elaborate chewing. I think the ear looks right, too. Have I confused things now?

Posted

This is the itchy chimp: ACP000b35l - one of the first that were found at Cold Fire. Is also included in @vestigial (and partly mine) original comments' discussion of this video ACP000b32z

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

I also thought there might be a potential match for CFMale04 in another couple of videos because that chimp seemed to have an injured left arm - ACP000bweg and ACP000bweh. But, duh, totally wrong because those are restless-star chimps and not cold-fire.

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Agree that ACP000b35l is CFUnclear03. Same shoulder mark, bony face, etc.

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

I agree with tina and AnLand that ACP000b6k3 is also CFUnclear03.

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

I'm going to further muddy the waters by saying that I think CFUnclear01 is CFUnclear03 based on video ACP000b3gd. You don't get a great look at that bald patch on the head in some of the videos for CFUnclear03.

Posted

Reading all and will try to go through videos (was mainly off for two days due to work load)

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of all this great chimp identification!

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

CFUnclear02 and CFUnclear03b are both male. See full sequences: ACP000b3iq, ACP000b3iv, ACP000b3iz, ACP000b3j1, and for CFUnclear03b ACP000b6k3, ACP000b6k4.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I believe this is the same chimp, and that it's a male (just a guess, though). ACP000b3kt He has a very unique face!

All black body, thin at the hips, possible scar on upper left shoulder. Bony patches on rump. Mostly bald with ears that sort for flare back. No damage that I can see, but they are flat, dark, and shiny (no hair). Brow is very thin and arched, seen extending down to cheekbone, though that could just be due to the overall bony appearance of the head. Eyes are round and prominent. Nose is unusual... flat with a strong irregular crease down the center. Some gray around mouth and chin, and the upper lip has a unique curve in the center.

Face:

face

Lip ( from more of the sequence, ACP000b3ku ):

lip

Scar & rump:

scar

For comparison, here is CFUnclear01 from ACP000b3gd:

Face:

unclear

Scar & rump:

scar

Posted

Oh, and here is why I think male -- testicles just barely seen in ACP000b3kv

Still #13, click to enlarge:

male?

Posted

Last one, I promise (I think). I knew I remembered that scaring from somewhere.. from @Snorticus ' possibly burping chimp in ACP000b3hq

Shoulder and wrist scarring:

chimp

Posted

@ksigler, you are aware that there is a second discussion about videos which @vestigial and I think is also this chimp: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000r/discussions/DCP0000sr1 ?

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Yes, I was just about to post there about it.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to vestigial's comment.

@vestigial - I didn't see this until after I posted in a different thread, but I agree some of these discussed here (the unclear03s, I think) are a match to Unclear01 and some other clips. See images for comparison in: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000r/discussions/DCP0000t17

I've been trying to summarize the proposals in this thread, but I think it might be better to split it or restart it. Just some thoughts/gentle suggestions, because I'm not able to take this on this morning:

If we could move the discussions about the chimps with the gray backs away from the dark and bony chimps, that would be one helpful step.

Then, I think we need to decide whether or not the chimp(s) with the bony face can have skinny torsos in one sequence and round torsos in another sequence within a week or two. In the past, I think we've said that it's possible, but this site and chimp condition may be different.

Also, it's not clear here where people are guessing a match for a chimp or where they know it's a match based on sequence/timestamps. Particularly regarding "Elvis/Unclear03" and the "itchy chimp," which I believe was only known to be itchy in one sequence, so it's not a great identifier. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Okay, I tried again to summarize this. I think there was some confusion about which was had previously been referred to as Elvis. @tina_pixie_ can correct me if I'm wrong, but Elvis was the one that became Unclear02. Unclear03 was a suggested match. And the itchy chimp is only "officially" in the ACP000b35l sequence. So... I think some of these proposals are a little easier to evaluate now. Hopefully this helps everyone else, too. It might be good to work through these before adding any new ones unless they resolve something. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I left out the very gray-back Unclear04 comments. Also, @jwidness has possibly clarified 2 "unclears" as males, pending review.

Male03
    Unclear02
    Unclear03 Unclear03b

Male02
    Male03

• Male02 (from 9/24/12) (left photo)

• Male04 (injured left hand from 10/24/12) (right photo)

Male02
    Male04

Male02 Unclear04

Unclear01
    Unclear02
    Unclear03 Unclear03b
    Itchy b3ed b6li b3ht b320 b3dn

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

I'll try to do this just going off that bottom set of images to try to make things less confusing.

I think Unclear01/Unclear03/Unclear03b/Itchy Chimp are all the same chimp. Old, bony face, little bit lumpy ear, very thin hips and you can see ribs.

I think the other images are Unclear02. Of the night images I think only the one of the dark black chimp is Unclear02. I think there are two daytime images of Unclear02 where you can see the white mark on the shoulder.

I think the thing that is throwing me off and making me want to combine Unclear01/Unclear03/Unclear03b/Itchy Chimp and Unclear02 is that white mark on the shoulder. That could just be a common hair growth pattern in chimps or maybe these two are related. The white mark on Unclear02 seems a little shorter than Unclear01/Unclear03/Unclear03b/Itchy Chimp. I think also the night image of Unclear02 includes another chimp, possibly an infant, sitting at the top of the fig bunch but I can't really tell the size of that chimp.

Hope that didn't make things more confusing.

Posted

Just one brief remark to @ksigler - the row, and left and right does not work on my screen. Maybe also not with others, so that is difficult and does not make things clearer. (The idea is good, but obviously doesn't work for each screen.)

Posted

CFUnclear04 looks female for me. Neat, small swelling. See: ACP000b2dk

Posted

hi @AnLand and all who have problems - here is @ksigler's great left/right post as a single image, i hope it helps ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

(you can also try using ctrl and - to make your screen width smaler which shifts the images horizontal and might help)

![one](http://s28.postimg.org/q7wh5z5dp/Untitled.jpg](http://s28.postimg.org/q7wh5z5dp/Untitled.jpg)

Posted

Ah cool, thank you. I am having my problems with left and right as you all know. Add counting and I am totally lost. ๐Ÿ˜›

Posted

Sorry about that, @AnLand. I'll remember to account for screen sizes for the future! I also get my left and right confused frequently, so I sympathize.

Thanks, @MimiA for the alternative view!

@northernlimitptv -- please do whatever you want with this thread, it's your show! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I was just feeling overwhelmed, and thought I'd share my organization strategy in case it helped others.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to vestigial's comment.

I agree, @vestigial, the white marks on the shoulders are possibly misleading us. Looking at everything but the shoulder, I'm pretty certain Unclear02 isn't the Itchy chimp. So, that means at least 2 chimps can, for whatever reason (scar, natural hair pattern) have a similar shoulder mark. That makes it all the more important to look at ALL the other traits to make sure we're not focusing on one or two that are easy to see, but that are also common among many individuals.

I'm not sure which you think are Unclear02... You say:

I think the other images are Unclear02. Of the night images I think only the one of the dark black chimp is Unclear02. I think there are two daytime images of Unclear02 where you can see the white mark on the shoulder.

If this is Unclear02 (probably different screenshot than above, just grabbed one), then...

Unclear02

Of the remaining 6, which of these do you think are also Unclear02?

ACP000b3ed (3rd row, right)

ACP000b6li (4th row, left)

ACP000b3ht (4th row, right)

ACP000b320 (5th row, left)

ACP000b3dn (5th row, right)

Posted

I proposed a match to CFUnclear02 (see thread with that title) based on the left ear. But you have probably other ideas. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Based on MimiA's image I think Unclear02 is in the right column in row 1,3 and 4. I think all the others are Unclear03/Unclear03b/Unclear01/Itchy Chimp.

Posted

Male03 is Nyack, you can see his wonky fingers in ACP000b71d. He's in ACP000b71b, ACP000b71c, ACP000b71d, ACP000b71e, and the next minute: ACP000b737, ACP000b738. I can repost these IDs in his thread if that's helpful.

Unclear02 is definitely male, you can see his penis in ACP000b3iq. He's in ACP000b3iq, ACP000b3iv, ACP000b3iz, ACP000b3j1, and likely in the next minute: ACP000b3j6, ACP000b3j8, ACP000b3ja, ACP000b3jd. He's not a match to Nyack, Porter, Matteo, or Henry, I would suggest giving him a new thread for clarity. (Edit: sorry, I didn't see that AnLand already started a thread for Unclear02.)

Male02 has already been given a new thread, I posted more videos there.

I can't see enough of Unclear04 to make any judgment, but maybe also a new thread would be good?

Everyone else in this thread is Henry (unless I missed some, which is definitely possible). I tried to get the videos surrounding the ones already mentioned, but I know that I didn't get all of them -- some of these sequences just keep going!

Unclear03 (Henry)

tagged in ACP000b37d, ACP000b37e, ACP000b37f, ACP000b37g

also in these surrounding videos from the same morning:

ACP000b39i, ACP000b39j, ACP000b39k, ACP000b39l

ACP000b3fu, ACP000b3fv, ACP000b3fw, ACP000b3fx

ACP000b3dy, ACP000b3e1, ACP000b3e4, ACP000b3e5

ACP000b39m

ACP000b32z, ACP000b330, ACP000b332, ACP000b334

ACP000b35u, ACP000b35x, ACP000b360, ACP000b363

ACP000b3i6

These span a few hours, but are contiguous.

Unclear03b (Henry) -- definitely male, you can see his scrotum in ACP000b6k4

tagged in ACP000b6k3, ACP000b6k4

also in these contiguous videos:

ACP000b6a5, ACP000b6a8, ACP000b6aa, ACP000b6ab

ACP000b6cn, ACP000b6co, ACP000b6cp, ACP000b6cq

ACP000b66s, ACP000b66t, ACP000b66u, ACP000b66v

ACP000b6in, ACP000b6io

Unclear01 (Henry)

tagged in ACP000b3ga, ACP000b3gb, ACP000b3gc, ACP000b3gd

also in:

ACP000b38z, ACP000b389, ACP000b383, ACP000b385

ACP000b3c2, ACP000b3c3

the chimp from ACP000b3dn (Henry)

no temp ID, but in these videos:

ACP000b3nm, ACP000b3nn, ACP000b3no, ACP000b3np

ACP000b3in, ACP000b3ir, ACP000b3iu, ACP000b3iy

ACP000b36b, ACP000b36e, ACP000b36g, ACP000b36h

ACP000b32r, ACP000b32s, ACP000b32t, ACP000b32u

ACP000b3di, ACP000b3dj, ACP000b3dl, ACP000b3dn

ACP000b3eq

the chimp from ACP000b3ht (Henry)

ACP000b3ea, ACP000b3eb, ACP000b3ec, ACP000b3ed

ACP000b31z, ACP000b321, ACP000b323, ACP000b325

ACP000b3hq, ACP000b3hr, ACP000b3hs, ACP000b3ht

ACP000b36y, ACP000b36z, ACP000b370

the chimp from ACP000b35l (Henry)

ACP000b3ci, ACP000b3cj, ACP000b3ck, ACP000b3cl

ACP000b3gi, ACP000b3gj, ACP000b3gk, ACP000b3gl

ACP000b35h, ACP000b35j, ACP000b35k, ACP000b35l

ACP000b32v, ACP000b32w, ACP000b32x, ACP000b32y

ACP000b3fc, ACP000b3ff, ACP000b3fg, ACP000b3fh

ACP000b3gu, ACP000b3gv, ACP000b3gx, ACP000b3gz

the chimp from ACP000b6li (Henry)

ACP000b6lf, ACP000b6li, ACP000b6ll, ACP000b6lo

ACP000b6f7, ACP000b6f8, ACP000b6f9, ACP000b6fa

ACP000b6bv, ACP000b6bw, ACP000b6bx, ACP000b6by

ACP000b6j3, ACP000b6j4, ACP000b6j5, ACP000b6j6

ACP000b67y, ACP000b680, ACP000b682, ACP000b683

ACP000b6ff, ACP000b6fh, ACP000b6fj

(Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes or typos, but forgive me if I did!)

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

Good lord, @jwidness. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'd love to have your organizational skills. These are all proposals, correct, not confirmed (I've lost track in all the threads)? And for all the ones you think are Henry, each paragraph is a set of clips where the chimp looks the same, or each paragraph is a set based on timestamps? Or something else? Just trying to follow your line of thinking and what the grouping signifies. Thanks!

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

That is some impressive work!!! I've been watching a few of the videos @jwidness has marked as Henry and I agree that all of them that I've checked so far look to be the same chimp. I want to go back to watch more of them but, given the timestamps and locations and look of the chimp, I think this list is pretty accurate.

It would be really interesting to know how many of the identified animals are still alive but I guess we might have to wait for another round of videos from each site and then hope all the animals had the courtesy to pose in front of the cameras for us. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edit: I just want to note that like people have mentioned in Henry's thread I do have some confusion over the videos where he looks in better shape considering he's so thin and bony in the black and white video. I think maybe the starkness of the black and white video enhances his emaciated look.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator in response to ksigler's comment.

Yes, these are not confirmed, I just felt confident enough to use assertive language ๐Ÿ˜›

For the Henry videos, they are separated into "events", where each event consists of all the videos back-to-back off the camera not interrupted by other chimps or other animals -- sometimes they're just a minute apart, sometimes more.

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

Video ACP000b6jl
    Not sure if we've seen this individual before. Dark face and body. Balding head. Fairly thin body condition. Round brows. I think female, but it's a little difficult to tell.

Looks a bit like the individual discussed in DCP0000wve.
    She is also standing in the same spot as #CFUnclear03b and looks a lot like that individual.

Posted

We're still working on this skinny individual. I don't think it's the one from DCP0000wve because she has grey legs and this one does not. I think this one is indeed a match to Unclear03b, who is also a match to the chimp from ACP000b34m, who was not given a temp name, but was originally matched to the chimp from ACP000at55 and given the name Henry. Sorry, that sounds super confusing. ๐Ÿ˜• To restate a bit: ACP000at55 and ACP000b34m were matched as Henry. Unclear03b has been proposed as matching ACP000b34m, but not ACP000at55. In discussions, I/we are temporarily calling ACP000at55 "robust Henry" and ACP000b34m "skinny Henry".

Basically, I think we're working toward the conclusion that the robust Henry from ACP000at55 doesn't match any of the skinny chimps seen feeding on figs, and all the skinny chimps seen eating figs are the same skinny Henry seen in ACP000b34m (who will need a new name). Relevant threads are DCP0000sr1, DCP0000u3l, and possibly DCP0000x42.

Sorry for the confusion!

Posted

• Dana23 by Dana23

Is this the same chimp on this three pictures?
    https://static.zooniverse.org/www.chimpandsee.org/subjects/56b1ece88f75320001900b06/previews/56b1ece88f75320001900b06_10.jpg

https://static.zooniverse.org/www.chimpandsee.org/subjects/56b1ebec8f753200018ffb5f/previews/56b1ebec8f753200018ffb5f_0.jpg

https://static.zooniverse.org/www.chimpandsee.org/subjects/56b1ecfc8f75320001900c6c/previews/56b1ecfc8f75320001900c6c_1.jpg

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

For the two last ones I'd say there is definite similarity, the way the fur is rectangularly shaped at the sides. Also it's becoming blacker at the end.

enter image description here

Posted

• Dana23 by Dana23

this could be also an other clip (ACP000b6eh) of the same chimp. The same eyes and ears and the same movements

Posted

• Dana23 by Dana23

And here the vanished comment of the last post:
    This could be also an other clip (ACP000b6eh) of the same chimp

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Very skinny legs on that chimp! The cheek bones really stick out, and the curved brow ridge sticks out too. Big egg shaped bald spot on the top of the head. Eyes look sunken. I think they look very similar.

Posted

Hi @Dana23,

I agree these chimps look all very much the same. Could you please give us the video IDs like ACP000b6eh for the other pictures (in your first post) as well? Just copy in number here in, it will link automatically.

Posted

• Dana23 by Dana23 in response to AnLand's comment.

Hallo Anja, frohe Ostern
    ACP000b35j, ACP000b6is and ACP000b68u

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I think these are more of CFUnclear01 :

ACP000b6dv ACP000b6dw ACP000b6dx ACP000b6dy

ACP000b6dx Preview 6 - Eating figs so lip full, note the crevice down the nose and very bony face, thin brows that curve around the side of the eyes.

ACP000b6dx Preview 10 - His left wrist may have some pale pigmentation or scarring.

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

Agreed @ksigler , @jwidness certainly has a special knack for this! I've finally had a chance to review the videos and I agree with all sets being a match that you've posted above:

Unclear03(b)/ Unclear01 / 63dn / b3ht / 635l / b6li and all corresponding clips. In these cases, it certainly seems like the adjoining clips help. You guys have all done an incredible job of investigative work here, and I think (sorry for the delay) we can finally move on to calling this a match! I therefore propose the following:

We now have two "Henry"s... robust and skinny Henry (described here). As @Boleyn made the original Henry match (which was my error to accept, sorry guys!), I'll let them decide which Henry keeps the name. Both Henry's have matches in progress. From there the previously-known Henry will be renamed by the first person to have made the very first match with which I agree. Does this sound fair to everyone? @Boleyn, which "Henry" keeps the name?

EDIT: Over here (https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000r/discussions/DCP0000u3l) @Boleyn has already offered up skinny Henry for a new name... now to figure out who was the first! ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

This very bald dark chimp also has the same nose-gash I think. Center of the lip sticks out some and catches the light.

ACP000b687 ACP000b68a ACP000b68d ACP000b68f

ACP000b687 Preview 2

Posted

If I've investigated correctly, the original poster here, @tina_pixie_ , was the very first to make a match within the large sequences we all agree upon (b37d to b6k4; or Unclear03 to Unclear03b). @tina_pixie_ , after such a long wait, what shall we call Unclear03(b)/Unclear01/ +?

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

There is a likeness to skinny Henry

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

is it possible that this chimp in ACP000b6by and ACP000b6dg are the same guy?

Face on both are kind of ghostly or like a mask.

My first attempt at a match..

Posted

Hi @zoogirl,

yes, they should be the same chimp. I think, several people would agree. Good start! I cannot really tell you what the status here is. Maybe the science team can look into it tomorrow.

Posted

Good eye, @zoogirl1 ! I agree it is a match as well ๐Ÿ˜„ We're still waiting for a name for our friend here. @tina_pixie_ , are you still around? If you don't mind, I'd like to pass on this match to @vestigial , the second user to make a match for our friend here! @tina_pixie_ , if you return to Chimp&See, we can certainly find another match for you later.

@vestigial , do you have a name we can give our friend?

Posted

• vestigial by vestigial

Sorry, sorry, sorry for the delay! Snorticus sent me a message suggesting the name Mr Chow because most, if not all, of the videos we have of this fella are of him eating. While I usually try to go for a name in a native language of the area, I think in this case Mr Chow fits so well that we should use it.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Clearly I owe @vestigial my next naming turn ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

lol, great name you two! And a collective sigh of relief to finally put a name to our chimp! No worries on the delay @vestigial ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Now for the task of putting all the videos together ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Hooray! Skinny Henry has got a new name! I love Mr Chow! And who knows: his first name might still be Henry ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

Is it ok that I now have this song stuck in my head, but with Mr Chow in it? ; )

Posted

Finally updated! Now to start in on the tagging... ๐Ÿ˜•

Please let me know if there's a video (group) that I've missed!

Posted

Anyone out there have some favorite shots of Mr. Chow for the official list? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to northernlimitptv's comment.

I just pulled up the PROSPECTIVE / KNOWN CHIMPS - Cold Fire 14 list of clips for Mr.Chow and see why you're asking this question, lol! There are so many to choose from! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 3.20.59 PM

Posted

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to northernlimitptv's comment.

Mr. Chow looks so different in these pics in variable light. He was a bit challenging even though we have a bazillion clips of him. Of course his face was constantly moving - chewing and wadging - what a character!

ACP000b34p

Mr. Chow4

ACP000b3ib

Mr. Chow1

This 3rd one is cropped from preview 6, but I can't seem to find which of his many clips I pulled it from. I looked & looked, sigh. Too bad the preview URL doesn't give a clue as to origin of the previews!

Mr. Chow3

Posted

Great choices @Snorticus ! I'll update it now with the "best of" ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

Merging this discussion with Mr. Chow mega-thread!

Posted

Hi @Dana23 , great find! I believe these videos are part of the large group of videos we have for Mr. Chow! I'll merge this thread with that discussion ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

CFUnclear01 turns out to be Mr. Chow!

Posted

On page 4 of this discussion, I mentioned a pair of cams placed relatively close together, letting us more easily ID Mr Chow in:

ACP000b2uc
    ACP000b2ud
    ACP000b2ue
    ACP000b2uf

ACP000b2wk
    ACP000b2wl
    ACP000b2wm
    ACP000b2wn

ACP000b2ne
    ACP000b2ng

I think he's also in:

ACP000b2yn
    ACP000b2yp
    ACP000b2yq
    ACP000b2yr

ACP000b2wo
    ACP000b2wq
    ACP000b2ws
    ACP000b2wu

ACP000b30p
    ACP000b30r
    ACP000b30u
    ACP000b30w

ACP000b2zy
    ACP000b300

ACP000b2xp

ACP000b2qo
    ACP000b2qp

ACP000b2qw

ACP000b2or
    ACP000b2ot
    ACP000b2ou
    ACP000b2ov

ACP000b2nx

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

Iยดve checked the videos of the opposite camera and I agree with you. Mr. Chowยดs traits are very peculiar and Iยดm sure that he is in all these videos, which I have already tagged. However, if anyone disagrees, Iยดm open to double-check them ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

thanks!

Posted

Here's another one I ran into that I think is Mr. Chow: ACP000b7k1. Super skinny, hunch-back, bald bum, dark hair.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

he really looks like Mr. Chow. I couldnยดt find the clip from the opposite camera to see if he could be better seen from another angle, but still Mr. Chow is seen around this tree here: ACP000b3ci one hour later...

Posted