Chimp & See Talk

Ayana + CFJuv01 - Pretty female doing a selfie and a juvenile

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Several people have found this pretty young (?) lady chimp and a juvenile in this video: ACP000aum6 followed by ACP000aum9 and ACP000aumc

She has a dark face, muzzle a little lighter (greyish), nicely rounded regular brows, and regular ears, a vertical dent in her nose, a bald spot on her forehead, black fur with a little white patch at the side of her left chin, a few white hairs. She doesn't appear to be big. She has a pink swelling.

I will give a description of the juvenile tomorrow. For now only, that he reminds me strongly of CFFemale01 - looks like a younger sibling of her πŸ˜ƒ

enter image description here

The juvenile:

Posted

The juvenile has slightly rounded, bright brows, a regular, bright face color and pink ears. S/he's got dark, long fluffy fur but it doesn't seem very thick. The most obvious trait is a hairless patch on top of his/her a bit cone-shaped head which @Snorticus already mentioned in the video. There could also be a patch of white hair under the right ear but it could also be some debris. S/he might tend to have his/her mouth open while walking.

Nothing important but as already said in my first post s/he does remind me a little of CFFemale01.

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

Gorgeous! Let's call her CFFem03 and the juvenile following behind CFJuv01 . That funky nose of hers should hopefully make an easy job of matching later!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I don't think that CFJuv01 is a match to CFFem01 - the right ear does not fit in my opinion. It appears here irregular, best seen at 9 sec. in video ACP000aumc. Not more, but CFFem01 has regular round ears.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

That's not what I meant @AnLand, I just said the juvenile reminds me a bit of Luisa (former CFFem01), like a younger sibling πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

@Boleyn , could be!! πŸ˜„

Posted

This juvenile from ACP000bbdy has in my opinion the same size, ears, and slightly opened mouth. I cannot see the whitish spot on the top of its head. Videos found by @Dana23 and @Corcaroli

Seen with a female ( ACP000bbds ) that appears quite bald and has a big swelling. There is some similarity, I guess, but I am not sure as her left ear might have a dent or so.

Posted

I can't tell much about the juvenile. Completely different light and position, sorry.

If the female only wouldn't move so quickly. I'm not able to catch a clear screenshot of her: That 's all I get. She has the same face color and also whitish brows and about same swelling but I'm not sure if her balding is a bit wider than the one from CFFem03 but maybe that's only due to the movement. I do not consider her quite bald though, only on the forehead. Her left ear seems to be normal, I can't see any dent.

Pic from video ACP000bbds:

Looking forward to other opinions!

Posted

Nice catch, @AnLand ! I'm not sure we have enough here yet to call it a match yet, though. Are there any adjacent videos that could help out further?

Posted

This couple reminds me strongly of CFFem03 and especially CFJuv01 - but the stature, movement, the general face (looks a bit "short") and white spot on the head of the juvenile and the dark face and swelling of the female are the only features that really pop out. ACP000b80o

Posted

I just post some pictures from this last proposal, as I actually see quite some similarities here.

Female:

Juvenile:

Posted

I somehow missed your last post, @AnLand ! The last video (and your screenshots) do seem to appear to be the same individual. Any other opinions out there. yay or nay?

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I would definitely agree that the pair in ACP000b80o are CFFem03 & CFJuv01.

Posted

Let's call it a match then! @Boleyn , would you like to have the honor of naming CFFem03?

Posted

Sorry now it was me missing YOUR post @northernlimitptv I have been away for some days and I'm still trying to catch up.

Thank you so much for the honor to name this lovely chimp. I'll come back tomorrow with a name for her.
    And thanks to @AnLand for not giving up on her πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

How about the name "Ayana" for this lovely lady? It's an African name and means beautiful blossom. Thanks!!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

It's a wonderful name! I like it a lot. Thanks, @Boleyn!

Posted

Great!! πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Nuria just tagged these four videos with needCID. ACP000b88q ACP000b88r ACP000b88s ACP000b88u

Actually I think this is Ayana. We can shortly see her dark face in ACP000b88q and we see her max swelling as in ACP000aum6. which is only one day later (30.1.13). Also size and hair color is the same as Ayana's.

Posted

It seems that here is also still a match proposal open - by @Boleyn - and the juvenile (CFJuv01) has been seen in at least two different sequences and could be named as well.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

I agree that this lady is Ayana. Anja is right, CFJuv01 will need a name πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I think @saskia.k you made several attemps to match chimps...would you like to give us a name for CFJuv01? πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

It seems like @saskia.k is not being very active lately in C&S. Still AyanaΒ΄s juvenile needs a name. @AnLand, Ayana was named by @Boleyn, do you want to name her juvenile?

thanks!

Posted

I already named three chimps at this site (and Cosmos), so I cannot give a name anymore. Sorry!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

oh, ok! thanks for updating me πŸ˜ƒ

you reminded us about this juvenile, so I thought it was a good idea...but you are right.

please correct me if IΒ΄m wrong, but I think @lauraklynn you have participated in discussions in Cold Fire but still didnΒ΄t name any chimp, so would you?

thanks!

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

Sorry for the delay! I would like to name the juvenile Amiri. I know a set of gorilla twins named Ayana and Amiri, so when I saw the mom was named Ayana, my brain paired it with Amiri.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to lauraklynn's comment.

thanks @lauraklynn , Amiri is very beautiful! πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Very thoughtful of you @lauraklynn and a lovely name. I just like it when Mum's and kid's name have something in common. πŸ˜„

Posted

Wonderful!

Posted