Chimp & See Talk

Ruby + CFInf04 - Female with dorsal infant

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

@Dana23 found yesterday this video ACP000ax02 of a female with a big dorsal infant who is not using her left arm for walking. She might be carrying something close to the body, but I cannot see what and we normally see them carrying an object but using the hand for walking anyway. I do not see a real arm at all, but there might be fingers seen (so the underarm pressed to the body and the hand hanging).

The other female with the missing hand (and a small ventral infant) has her arm just hanging. It also looks strange in the video before ACP000ax01 (screenshot from this video).

She has a broad face, protruded, rather straight brows and some baldness.

enter image description here

Posted

I've just seen that in the next video ACP000ax04 - is the other female with the missing hand and the ventral infant. So definitely not the same chimp. (Also in between ACP000ax03 - hand/arm not used). Both gaits and arm hold are different and good to compare.

Female with missing hand, other female in background

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

Good eye @AnLand ! She must have a fresh injury to be holding it like that. 😦 If I'm not mistaken we do see a hand, like you mentioned. Let's call her CFFem04 + CFInf04 until we can find a match!

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

I agree that these females are not the same.
    Not only because you, @AnLand, pointed out that we see them together in ACP000ax04, but also at the end of ACP000ax01 we can how she is pressing her left hand to her body. However it is hard to see if any fingers are missing or broken or if she might be carrying something. To me it also looks like an injury. How ironic then to see her hanging out with a fellow female missing a hand 😕.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Finally found Fem04 again! She's in ACP000ax3n -- there's not much to see, but she's missing her left arm below the elbow, skinny build, and has a large infant/small juvenile with her. No preview of her worth posting, but here's the kid:

Posted

So, she lost hand and part of the arm within days after the injury? That's so sad.

Posted

How can you catch a glimse of a missing arm below the elbow @jwidness ? I certainly see an injury, no doubt. Happy enough to call it a match. @zoogirl1 has been pretty active lately at Cold Fire, I'd like to hand her this match. @zoogirl1 , do you have a name for our injured lady?

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

Give me a short time to consider. thanks

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1 in response to northernlimitptv's comment.

I think I would like to call CFFem04 ------ Ruby. What do you think? And as far as the list was concerned - i was referred to the spreadsheet, which lists all the clips with chimps in them. Not really what I was looking for. @zoogirl1

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to zoogirl1's comment.

Ruby is a lovely name for her! I'm not sure what list you're talking about above but I have bookmarked for referral the master list of chimp (and other animal) names which is located under "Science Board/Unique Chimp ID's" maybe this helps?

https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000i/discussions/DCP00001dp

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

Sorry, I was referring to a previous exchange with @northernlimitptv. Trying to figure out the video sequencing since it does not seem to go in order (a-z , 0-9). He? thought there was list or some way to look it up.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to zoogirl1's comment.

Hi @zoogirl1,

it goes in that order, but not all videos are adjacent. In fact, most are not.

So it might be 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 or c - g - k - o .

The videos within the one-minute-footage will be in the correct order, though. If there is footage of several continuous minutes, you will probably not find it easily. The uploading order is according to processing - essentially so random.

But you can look into the chimpanzee spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VuVWXWdZHB6p11qpCxIweWFstwgFavT1e5iazqajrlQ/edit whether other volunteers already found further footage that goes with the sequence you are looking for.

You can use the "find" function with video ID (column A) to find the video you want.

Posted

Ruby is finally updated! 😃

Posted