Chimp & See Talk

A possible prospective (unclear) chimp from Cold Fire

• kristinhavercamp by kristinhavercamp scientist

This individual has distinctive cheek bones that pop out quite far, a pretty large jaw with some lighter hairs, an overall dark face and a left ear that is somewhat squared on the top with some small folds. This individual might match the one in ACP000b6bv ACP000b6bw ACP000b6bx- I have looked through the prospective/known CF chimp list and have not found, what I believe, to be a match for it (him?) otherwise. Doesn't look old (or puffy 😃 ) enough to be Henry.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @kristinhavercamp ,

Great observation! We already talked about him, e.g. here https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000r/discussions/DCP0000sr1 and seen him very often, but until now, he is not named.

I really like your description and will move this whole discussion to the Cold Fire-discussion board for review. I hope the science team will look into it soon.

Posted

• kristinhavercamp by kristinhavercamp scientist

In my opinion, it does not seem like a match with CFUnclear03b - ACP000b6k3 - that individual appears to have an even larger jaw and practices a different chewing motion (almost as if they have an underbite). Or maybe this set of videos and the one I included in the first post are all CFUnclear03b - the male with the large jaw. What do you think?

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

Hi @kristinhavercamp , thanks for your suggestion! To which "Henry" are you referring? We've unfortunately had to split Henry back up into 2 individuals. If you are referring to "skinny Henry"... I believe I've already accepted this video as a match to skinny Henry, which includes CFUnclear03b . Feel free to contribute to that discussion ( @AnLand has posted above ) if you still think we've made a mistake, we'd love to hear from you!

Posted