Chimp & See Talk

CFMale08 and Henry - Identifying Markings

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

Chimp on left has distinctive bald spot and receding hairline that may make for an easier ID. Chimp on right has similar hairline, may be related.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

The complete series is: ACP000b3f5, ACP000b3f8, ACP000b3fa, ACP000b3fd - two adult chimps, normal body build (so, not too thin), no apparent damage.

The left one looks to me like Elvis, but I cannot get his face really good. I thought about Porter, too, as he is not using the left hand, but in ACP000b3fa it seems that there is a hand.

The right one might be (robust) Henry. I cannot see any damage at the ear, flat nostrils, quite some baldness, the eyes looks saggy and in some moments, one can see darker spots on the left cheek. The barely seen butt does not disagree.

enter image description here

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

You might be right @AnLand, this could be Henry. The long, dense black fur, the shape of the ear and the small swirl on top of his crest speak for Henry.

To compare his regularly and special shaped ear brim:

In ACP000b3mm you can see him walk away and I think this is Henry's broad back (better seen in video).

back comparison:

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

Great find @zoogirl1 !

@AnLand and @Boleyn , neither of you seem particularly convinced, but rather are playing with the idea of a Henry match. Should we assign temporary IDs?

Posted

I am not sure what to say, I am really not sure about the left one (Elvis???) as he has a unique baldness pattern that I did see before ... The right one should be Henry (the robust one). You seem to disagree, who do you think he is - a known or a new chimp?

Temporary IDs are always good, no matter what.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to northernlimitptv's comment.

Well I'm not a 100% sure about the right one beeing Henry but 95% 😃 With Henry I'm just super careful and reluctant nowadays - you know why 😄

Posted

Alright then, let's add these videos to (robust) Henry's list, and assign a temporary ID for our friend on the left? Nothing's sticking out to me that says "match" for Elvis. I guess we're now at CFMale08 ?

Posted

Did anybody dig up any potential matches for CFMale08?

Posted

I think CFMale08 is this guy from ACP000b03b and ACP000b03c - he has an usual two-part balding, the triangular right ear is well visible in both scenes and I think that I can see that weird white spot at the right shoulde blade also in the video here. Unfortunately, no real great face view, but I would think that's the same guy.

Posted

I also have him ACP000avew, ACP000avex, ACP000avey, ACP000avez on my list for a possible matching, but nothing - except the balding - is really seen. And the prominent gray back is not seen in the other videos.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

On the morning of 8/24/2012, the first video with a chimp we can ID is ACP000b3n6 at 5:08.

This first guy looks like Elvis to me and he's in ACP000b3n6 ACP000b3n7 ACP000b3n8 ACP000b3n9

The one I think is Elvis heads up the tree at the end of ACP000b3n9, and the next video off that cam is at ACP000b3aq at 5:29.

The feet are probably Elvis still up in the tree, and the guy on the right is Henry (see next video). The two continue like this in ACP000b3aq ACP000b3ar ACP000b3as ACP000b3at.

Next off that cam is ACP000b3f5 at 5:30, with Henry and CFMale08.

I think CFMale08 looks like Elvis, and the fact that the chimp in ACP000b3n6 also looks like Elvis makes me think @AnLand was right with her first ID of him. So I'm adding another vote to CFMale08 = Elvis : )

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I absolutely agree with the both of you, I really see Elvis in CFMale08 😃

Posted

two additional votes for Elvis as CFMale08, that's enough for me 😃 Updating shortly.... thanks for the input!

Posted