Chimp & See Talk

Dash and Johnny

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Can we actually exclude that Dash isn't Johnny as well? It would be surprising to see two such small juveniles (more infants) on their own at one site, or? I do not have any proof here. The best look on Johnny's hand I got at ACP000baz2 (see screenshot) and I am not sure whether some fingers are partly missing there. My only other thought is the feet that we see in ACP000awod are not that big (compare to ACP000ay6n) and might be a bigger juvenile (e.g. James). I would admit that Dash might look a bit bigger than Johnny, but not much and he's so fast!

Maybe someone else could have a look?

enter image description here

Dash for comparison

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I assumed the pair in ACP000ay6n was Dash's mom and younger sibling. Compare the feet in ACP000ay6m and ACP000awod:

Imgur

To me, Dash looks considerably larger than Johnny, but despite being larger, Dash actually has a larger tuft as well.

Dash's larger tuft, more visible in the video -- ACP000awod

Johnny's tiny tuft -- ACP000b6yc

I also seen normal fingers on Johnny's hand in ACP000b6p1 and ACP000b6p3.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Yes, I was watching these videos, too, but I cannot really see anything from his right hand. But, ok.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I agree with @Jwidness, I think Dash is bigger than Johnny. Johnny´s head looks bigger than Dash´s head compared to their body size:

Posted