Chimp & See Talk

5. ACP000b1su / ACP000b1sv: CFUnclear05, CFJuv05

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

We have an adult crossing in ACP000b1su , followed by a big juvenile in ACP000b1sv :

enter image description here enter image description here

I am not completely sure, but I think there is a swelling, so I would go for female for the adult, but this is very unclear.

If she was a female, what about Ruby?

in ACP000ax01 , Ruby shows a similar baldness pattern and face coloration like the adult in ACP000b1su :

enter image description here

Rubi´s infant, CFinf04, is very big already. Rubi´s footages were taken in August, and the juvenile in ACP000b1sv was taken in october, more than 2 months later.

So would Ruby in ACP000b1su and her infant CFinf04 in ACP000b1sv make sense?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I think Ruby is heavier than this adult and I think I can see a grey back in the adult in ACP000b1su. As far as I can see Ruby doesn't have a grey back.

The only one that I could see might match this chimp is GSUnclear04. But just because of the grey back and the intact right ear. Not much more to see here.

The juvenile might be the same as before, assumed GSJuv04.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

yes, you are right about Ruby´s back...

could be CFUnclear04, but it´s too unclear.

As for the juvenile, CFJuv04´s size would fit, but now I see that s/he has no forehead baldness, while the juv. in ACP000b1sv does:

CFJuv04 in ACP000bbnn :

what do you think?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Yes, at least not an obvious baldness, maybe only a bit thinner hair. Also the mask of CFJuv04 should look different in b/w as the one of ACP000b1sv.

The only other possibility I see here would be CFFem05 and James. Of CFFem05 we have only one portrait I think but if needed I can search for another one. She's slim, has a gray back and quite a wide baldness on her forehead. Other than that I can't tell anything about her.

There's a b/w shot of James but I don't know of the size of the juvenile fits?

Maybe we just have to leave them unidentified....

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

perfect, it´s safe to give them a tempID. Any match attempt here is too uncertain.

CFUnclear05 + CFJuv05

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

But when "any match attempt here is too uncertain", they also should not get any temp ID, right? They count then as "unidentifiable" and don't get any idea. Identifiable chimps are principally matchable - even if we can't match them. But "too uncertain" for "any attempt" means no ID.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

sorry, you are right,

but what I actually meant with "any match attempt here" is in this thread, to Ruby, CFUnclear04, CFInf04, CFJuv04, CFFem05 and James...

But as we have a nice face view of them, it is safe to give them a temp.ID, in case we still need to go back to them...

sorry for the confusion.

Posted