Chimp & See Talk

57. ACP000b8i2

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Could it be that this guy lacks his left hand? see sec.12 approx. and adjust brighness and contrast. Is is a stump?
    If so, Porter would be a reasonable proposal. Also, I think both face traits and body built agree:

ACP000b8i2 :

enter image description here

Porter in ACP000ba92 :

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

You disagreed here to my suggestion of Porter: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000r/discussions/DCP0000vv6

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

I know, his bald patch confused me (and still does) a bit. But I wanted to see if you guys can see what I mean about his missing hand or not. I´m not completely sure, but if it´s true that he lacks his left hand and we all agree that his face traits fit, maybe the balness issue could be a light effect here.

Just wanted to point this out.

I know that you already suggested Porter, but it was 2 years ago. I wanted to bring this case to light again to see what the others think.

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

It doesn't look like Porter to me. In all the videos I saw of him so far the bald patch is clearly visible. And I find the chimp on the suggested video to have a much more pronounced jaw, as compared to Porter. Furthermore, I can't say definitively that there is a stump for his left hand on the video.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Buzharevski's comment.

hm, I see what you mean about the jaw...

As there´s no agreement, let´s call him CFMale15 for the moment.

Thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

This guy looks like Halloweenie to me whose lower lip protrudes in the center a bit. Lips have an irregular shape. Big nostrils. Ears stick out at top.

ACP000b8i2

ACP000b9hq - Halloweenie

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

When he is climbing down, you see a dark back. Halloweenie's back is much grayer, so I don't think it's him.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

I cannot tell you how much joy it brings me to have a chimp called Halloweenie here and see his name pop up on talk 😃

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

I am not sure about the back argument, I don't get a good enough view, but I would say CFMale15 has very dark features overall, especially under the eyes whereas Halloween has a much lighter patches under his eyes, making the "hairless muzzle" shape look different to me. That overall face shape is definitely very similar though!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to MimiA's comment.

Thank you ladies, let´s keep CFMale15 for now 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Halloweenie, Halloweenie, Halloweenie.... 8) 😮

It's not a proposal, it's just to brighten up a foggy day! 😉

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

LOL!!

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

LOVE!!!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

CFMale16 is a match to CFMale15. Dark, not too robust male with a big grayish muzzle, a slightly sticking out big right ear, same brows, only littel balding.

CFMale16

CFMale15

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

We could discuss here ACP000atri as well. What one con see (body build, grayish muzzle, maybe the left ear) seem to be consistent, but it's really just a glance.

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun

I am on board with CFMale15 / CFMale16 and the same features are visible, although briefly and in a darker video, in ACP000atri. It is also quite clear that he is not one of the already named individuals. I support the match.

@AnLand, it would be helpful to link the videos in your posting above. The images are convincing, but easy access to the videos helps the discussion as well. Thank you!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Yup, supported by me as well. CFMale15 and 16 look very alike. As for ACP000atri, yes he seems to have the same features/color but it's really a very dark clip, so maybe another chimp might fit here as well.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Thank you! we have another match at CF 😃

Posted