Chimp & See Talk

Filou (AVMale06)--Male with deformed right ear and cut (Filou?)

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I am pretty sure that ACP000efp9 and ACP000efhc / ACP000efhe is the same robust male with a whitish beard, brayish back and a unique deformed ear with a smaller cut. But I am not sure he is not also Filou as I cannot really see his right ear. As I think that there is a deformation too.

enter image description here

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Also part of deformed ear chimp series - 3 minutes earlier at the same spot with the cutie chimp from ACP000efp9:

ACP000efs2 ACP000efs6 ACP000efsa ACP000efsc

ACP000efsa

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hello AnLand,

I agree, these two males are the same

and

I am going to check again all the videos to see if we can see this "deformed" right ear in Filou, or the cut in the left ear from Filou in this one.
    And I am going to add him as AVMale06 also int he chimp list.

Thanks a lot!

Posted

Both AVMale06 would be a match anyway if we see that is not Filou, but let's see 😉

Posted

in this video ACP000fw31 we can see that also something is happening is Filou right ear

one
    one

Posted

also visible in this video, ACP000fw32 at 12:36:55

one

Posted

And in this b/w video ACP000fwao

one

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to PauDG's comment.

ACP000fwao Well that is clearly the same shaped right ear in that preview, glad we have several of Filou traits figured out. This is such an interesting story of the juveniles and Filou so far.

Posted

great! I added him as Filou

Thanks!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I'm not sure which one is the official Filou thread so I'm posting this where I think it might fit. I'm still a bit at a loss at agedviolet but I think Filou is the one who adopted one (or even two?) juveniles?

This video ACP000fudp features a massive chimp which I think is a male. Can't find a swelling in the adjacent videos either. He's got the same dark fur, grey beard and there seems to be something irregular in his left ear. Two juveniles are close by, one probably using a tool so I thought this might be the threesome again. To see as well in ACP000fudm and ACP000fudj. Interesting: Once again we see an adult chimp holding on to a young tree. I think we discussed this at Restlessstar as well as Drylake.

Posted

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

Oh, Im pretty sure that is Filou. Interesting the juveniles. I cannot see any bald spot of either one of them, so it might be, that Marlyns spots are gone? (The spot-pictures are good four weeks earlier).
    In ACP000fudj I can see a fourth chimp. He is sitting in the line with Filous left arm ... looks like a third juv?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to luca-chimp's comment.

If these are rather scars in Marlyn (as @PauDG said), the hairs would not easily grow back on this tissue. But if the bald spots are there because the fur is just bad and not well groomed it would probably grow back after some time.

Posted

I don't remember that I said that for sure they are scars. I said that they could be balds or scars, and we need to check the dates to see when they appeared and see if they disappear too.

Posted

so, 3 juveniles around Filou, mmmmmm, that makes it difficult 😕

I can not see clear the backs of these 3 juveniles, so maybe the spots are gone or maybe we can not see them

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000emm6 This first chimp looks to be Filou with the cut in the upper left ear and the white chin fringe.

Full series: ACP000emm6 ACP000emm9 ACP000emmc - Found by @AnLand.

He looks over his shoulder as if to signal the two juveniles to follow. I think the one that hurries with something in his mouth is probably Marlyn, his ear ridge is visible though blurred in the video, and the other one is AvJuv04 with the little pot belly.

ACP000emm6 Male, note left ear cut and white beard.

Filou-emm6

ACP000emm9 AvJuv04 With bottom lip that sticks out, left ear with a smooth C-curve shape

ACP000fwby Found by @luca-chimp - Compare to side view of AvJuv04 with protruding lower lip, and smoothly curved left ear, pale muzzle

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Hi Snorticus, thanks for you post

I also think that the male is Filou. But I doubt about the juveniles. We have seen in other videos that he was at some point with 3 juveniles, so we need to pay attention 😃

I find them smaller than AVJuv04, but maybe is just a feeling.

The second juvenile passing seems to have a "bald" in the head

one

one

Could be the same we found in Marlyn ????

one

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000emm9 Viewing this clip again - the juveniles both seem to be looking back at the female as if they might be with her so probably not AVJuv04. I don't see the prominent ear ridges that Marlyn has on the juvenile with the bald spot on the head.

I still think the juvenile in ACP000emm6 with the leaves in the mouth that runs after Filou is Marlyn - black line in the center brow and I think the left ear has a ridge - but the chimp goes too fast to be sure.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000fua7 ACP000fua8 ACP000fua9 ACP000fuaa 1-19-2015 time is 10:40:49 so probably Filou and the juveniles as it is 2 minutes before

ACP000fudj ACP000fudk ACP000fudm ACP000fudp which are tagged as Filou.

ACP000fua7 Might be Marlyn chewing on something large and that looks like Filou's big fluffy arm holding onto the same tree.

Posted

Thanks Snorticus,

He is Filou with the juveniles, great.

I also think the one chewing can be Marlyn, but I am not sure... juv are difficult!!! 😕

Posted

mmmm, the juv04 could be the one after the female, but it is very far.

The second juvenile ACP000emm6 is quite bald. Could be the juvenile passing in front of Filou in ACP000fua7, (if finally we say that Marlyn is the first one from ACP000emm6) Juveniles are difficult 😕

Posted

the 3rd juvenile seen with Filou in ACP000fudj could be that one

ACP000fw3u, ACP000fw3v, ACP000fw3w

Filou and Marlyn are leaving and Kamala is cracking nuts, when another juvenile enters in ACP000fw3u.

Posted

Yes, I think @snorticus is right (I have to change tags, I first thought its a female 😉 )

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000emi0 Dated 2-13-2015 The first chimp traveling with female with cut ear here has no spots on the back but does have ridges in both ears.

ACP000emi0 Face view, first juvenile.

ACP000emi1 Second juvenile, reluctant to cross, facial view. A ridge can be seen in the right ear of this juvenile.

Posted

Mhm, no Im confused again (as I was yesterday in the evening). First I too thought its Filou with his juvs. Because this special grey-bearded face ... Then, when the adult is going on, it looks more and more like a female, much more grazil as Filou and not any more this "square"-head but more high set ears, baldish head, and turtle-like neck-holding. It resembles me more at one of the females we saw (in b&w) so I tagged "female". The juvs seems to me younger than Marlyn and the other (heaven, i really have to look if it its named now) So I think now, I have to pull back my opinions and have to do a much closer look ... or wait till you do it 😉

Posted

I all,
    I have doubts also.... Filou has a really massive arms, and I find this chimp slimmer. Also Filou has a cut in his left ear, and this chimp has nothing, or at least I can not see it.

one

one

Here Filou

one

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to luca-chimp's comment.

@luca-chimp , the "other" juvenile with Marlyn is Kamala 😉

Posted

Ah, thanks, I will now never forget the nice name for this cut little belly-buddy 😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to PauDG's comment.

I see your points about the left ear not being cut and Filou has big "Popeye" forearms and is more robust generally. So we have some other chimp with right ear cut. Is it a female then?

Posted

I would say "female" (and again belly-feeling) is it possible, that she is the one out of this group b&w with the giggling infant?
    (@snorticus "popeye-arms" 😄 brilliant)

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to luca-chimp's comment.

😉

Posted

Fem04 and Fem05 can not be, their right ears look good.

Could be Fem06 (her right her is not visible), but we should be able to see the cut that Fem06 has in the left ear. Let try to look for that

one

Or, if we think in other females, could be Fem03

(about Popeye, hilarious. We should name a chimp like this 😉 )

Posted

Snoticus, luca-chimp, do you agree if we move, (or post again) this videos in a new thread? to don't have it with Filou.

Posted

Oh yes, that will help a lot (Im getting slightly confused 😉 )

Posted

I opened here: Female? with a cut in the right ear

Thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000g13x and ACP000g13z I think this is Marlyn followed by Filou. Robust male with large "pop-eye" forearms, white chin fringe, fairly straight brow, right ear has cut in the top and is bumpy at the lobe. The juvenile in front of him has an ear ridge in left ear, dark eye mask and dark line where brows meet.

Previews are not good, clip is somewhat clearer.

ACP000g13x

ACP000efp9 Compare to Filou facial area in similar light but closer with more image clarity.

Posted

Hi Snorticus, I agree with you, I think they are Marlyn and Filou.

And I think that the first chimp is AVMale01/AVMale01b. I see the same brown face. What do you think?

Posted

It is so nice, little Marlyn makes the same "earnest" face like Filou 😃 I love this team.
    I would agree totally with the first chimp, this "head-down-walk" fits to male01/01b

Posted

😉

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000edbj - December 22, 2014 at 10:10 - This looks like Filou - "popeye" forearms, deformed ear with cut at top and bumps by the lobe, white chin fringe. My initial assumption would be that the male juvenile being carried is Marlyn but I haven't compared rears yet. The ear looks like it has a ridge. The back has a bit of a bare spot or hair parting where we've seen the 2 spots.

Compare the ear shape to Filou here ACP000efhe

ACP000edbj View of hindquarters.

Posted

hahaha, popeye forearms always makes me laugh.

I agree, they are Filou and Marlyn, the "scar" is barely visible but there is something.

Great, thanks a lot @Snorticus

Posted

I absolutely adore this old fellow, taking care of little Marlyn carrying him, letting him take nuts, ... so heartwarming

Posted

😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000fwd1 This looks like Filou with the ragged right ear, fluffy forearms, white chin fringe.

Full Series: ACP000fwd1 ACP000fwd3 ACP000fwd6 ACP000fwd9

ACP000fwd1 Not sure who the juvenile is yet.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000fwdw This also looks like Filou with two juveniles. Two-spots would be Marlyn. At end, other juvenile steals away with a morsel - looks like Kamala's flat face and protruding lower lip, round belly.

Posted

@snorticus ....what a nice find! L'ill Marlyn is such a good nut cracker 😃 And Filou such a good buddy

Posted

Hi all!

the juvenile from ACP000fwd1 is also Marlyn, the 2 bald spots are visible 😃

and in ACP000fwdw I also think is Kamala.

Great! you are becoming a Filou's and Co experts 😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I can't quite read the timestamp but more of the previous scene of #Filou and #Marlyn and #Kamala - they're not sharing many nuts with her 😕

ACP000fwfe ACP000fwfh ACP000fwfj ACP000fwfk

ACP000fwfl ACP000fwfm ACP000fwfn ACP000fwfo

ACP000fwfj Filou, Marlyn, and Kamala:

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Also more of this scene of Filou, Marlyn, and Kamala finally gets some nuts!

ACP000fwfp ACP000fwfq ACP000fwfr ACP000fwfs

ACP000fwfq Kamala cracks nuts:

Posted

Thanks!

Posted

Paula, I think you can add these three videos to our friends list as well:

ACP000fwk9 ACP000fwka ACP000fwkb

Same place and also with no well visible timestamp.

still from the last:

Posted

Wonderful!

Many thanks @Boleyn 😉

Posted

Found this video ACP000frbl tagged by @jwidness in the "recent" and I thought we never got a better close-up of Filou's damaged ear, thus I'm adding this to his thread.

Posted

awesome, i am going to add a picture to his "profile"

Thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

ACP000efiy - the ear and stature says Filou. I also think that is part of a known sequence. Not sure who the juvenile is.

Posted

Thanks AnLand! The juvenile is Marlyn 😉

Posted

This video ACP000gfnb found by @Thandi and @lauraklynn is another nobrainer 😃 ( ACP000gfnc, ACP000gfnd, ACP000gfne rest of sequence but nothing to identify)

Filou (grey back) followed by Marlyn (spots on back) and Kamala (muzzle shape and round belly). The last I think is Sabirah because of size and swelling.

The one in the very back is too far away to see clearly.

Posted

I agree with all the matches 😄

awesome @Boleyn

Posted