Chimp & See Talk

Baba -- Many chimp faces in a row (porposal pending)

• Snorticus by Snorticus

A nice big group of traveling chimps to refer to for future ID

ACP000ehzs ACP000ehzt ACP000ehzu ACP000ehzw

Posted

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

Number in the row (the wadging one) must be AVmale01: see here
    ACP000e0h8
    I think AVunclear01 is in the row too, but have to hurry for job for now 😃

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Do you mean that one? the 3rd from ACP000ehzs?

one
    one

I agree!! 😄

What do the other think? can be do a match?!

Posted

And probably there are more that we didn't have in the list, but for sure we don't have the last one from the last video, the sub-adult/old juvenile who seems have a scar in the head.

Pictures are horrible, better see the video ACP000ehzu

one
    one
    one

I am going to add him/her as AVJuv05,

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

The bald guy's left ear looks pretty rounded when he turns his head at about 0:08 whereas ACP000e0h8 AVmale01 left ear seems pretty pointy and perhaps it's just the light but he seems less bald.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Hi Snorticus, the second chimp from ACP000e0h8 is AVUnclear01.

AVMale01 is the first one, that one

one

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Oops, sorry for that mistake 😕

Posted

no worries 😉

What do you think about AVMale01 and the 3rd from ACP000ehzs?

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Of the chimps we've seen so far these two are the only really bald chimps and they may be a match. AVMale01 Moves qickly so details are kinda few. Maybe we should wait to see more chimps from Aged Violet to make sure there are not more balding ones to compare?

Posted

Perfect, no problem, we can wait. I am going to add him (the 3rd from ACP000ehzs) as AVMale01b

Thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000g13s This guy looks like the balding fellow who keeps his head down when he walks (tagged as AVMale01 and AVMale01b) Protruding but not very wide pale brows, upper lip curves out, round fleshy nose, dark eye area, lighter muzzle, light ears set back on the head.

enter image description here

ACP000ehzs Compare to AVMale01b

ACP000e0h8 And looks like @luca-chimp original proposed match guy, AVMale01 so I agree with her proposed match.

Posted

yesss 😃 @snorticus. Im absolutely with you ... his face and walk is really somewhat special, is it?

Posted

I totally agree!. Also in ACP000g13x (the video after ACP000g13s)

Posted

Luca, do you want to select a name?? 😉

Posted

Thanks Paula, but I really think, this has to be snorticussens 😃 She did the last match

Posted

really nice from you. Thanks!

And Snorticus has not named yet in Aged Violet. Sorticus, which name you would like for this male?

Thanks all

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to luca-chimp's comment.

Thanks you guys - I will think about who this guy is and get back to you 😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Since he looks like an older gent and he kind of shepherds Filou and Merlyn along how about Baba which is Swahili for father?

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000g0g8 This may be him again crossing in the foreground but he is moving swiftly.

Posted

I like Baba! Thanks a lot

I also think in ACP000g0g8 is Baba 😉

Posted

Baba is perfect 😃 for this slightly grumpy looking fellow

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Wonderful name, I love it! Swahili names are so nice for the chimps, me thinks 😉 Baba has quite the unique face and I hope we'll see him more around.

For sure I would look a little grumpy too if I had to shepherd a bunch of younger chimps 😛

Posted

hahahahah

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000f6nj I think this may be Baba - balding, fairly straight light colored brow, dark eye area light muzzle, though the top lip looks a bit different I think because it does not contain a wadge. Similar body shapes, big undamaged rounded ears that catch the light. I think he has a slight nick in his right eyebrow.

Posted

I think is him. What do the others think?

Thanks a lot @Snorticurs 😉

Posted

Hm, Im not absolutely sure. Body holding seems similar, neck-down, and as snorticus says, the face might look other because of the no-wadging. But he seems here younger to me, and in the other pics the forhead/head looks bolder. Here there is only a round patch clearly seen (maybe the light) And the eyebrows looks not so fair and straight. ... Hm

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to luca-chimp's comment.

Hi Luca,

I was doubting too because here he looks bolder

one

But so far there is only him with this face color, and the posture is similar.

If we are nor sure for now I can add him as "proposed match" with Baba, and give him a temporary name...

Posted

Im sure you are much more experienced ... perhaps it is only the light ...or it is Baba-Junior 😉

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000emi5 Here is another chimp with this look but not sure if it's Baba or if it should be numbered as an unclear balding chimp. Does have those thick rounded pale tops to the ears like Baba but again - does not look as old as Baba in some of his clips.

Stills are blurred by movement easier to see him in the clip.

Posted

Hi all,

I think that very very probably this last one is ACP000f6nj, and "they" have also a pale/brown face which reminds me of Baba.

We need to look for something specific to compare... @Snorticus, what do you mean with "thick rounded pale tops to the ears"

Thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to PauDG's comment.

Upps, just saw your question - I meant the folded over rim of the top of Baba's ears is wider than normal and catches more light.

ACP000ef5b - This guy is a bit far for details but looks like Baba - balding, fairly straight light colored brow, undamaged big round ear, dark eye area, light muzzle, top muzzle and lip curve outward, hunched posture.

ACP000g13s - Compare to Baba

Posted

I agree with ACP000ef5b being Baba. 😉 Thanks a lot.

Posted

What do you think about ACP000f6nj and ACP000emi5?

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to PauDG's comment.

Just getting back to this for another look - I agree with the doubts you guys have about ACP000f6nj and ACP000emi5

Shape of the crown of the head and amount of baldness don't seem right, nor do the brows look as light, thick, and straight as Baba's, and the age does not seem old enough.

Posted

no? I find them similar. Could be also that the videos where he is closer, looks balder?

Anyway, we should give at least a temporary name to these ones. So, everyone agrees that ACP000f6nj and ACP000emi5 are the same? I am not sure about giving them a name yet, in case we decide later that they are Baba...

Any other opinions??

I am going to add them ( ACP000f6nj and ACP000emi5) as AVMale01c until we decide.

Many thanks 😉

Posted