Chimp & See Talk

AVJuv04-- AV/ Second Filou-Buddy-Juv unwell?

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

Here is another sequence with Filou and his buddies Marlyn and the other Juv. Marlyn is interested in te nut-cracking and always looking, if he gets some nuts. The oter juv seems ab bit lethargic (or just resting?) but for me it looks not really healthy. The belly is quite a bit distended. What do you think?

ACP000fwic ACP000fwid ACP000fwie

Posted

Great scene: Marlyn is sitting at the nut-crack-place. You can hear soft "greeting", than Filou is coming, mouth full of nuts, Marlyn wents beside and make space for his old buddy. ACP000fwhh

And here it goes on. Second li'll buddy is arriving: ACP000fwhi ACP000fwhj ACP000fwhl

The buddy getting closer 😉 ACP000fwho ACP000fwhp

and more: ACP000fwhq ACP000fwhr here too, the second juv is much more cautious, and not so foreward in getting food (and he gets none), like Marlyn. For me he looks not really healthy, the eyes, the expression

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to luca-chimp's comment.

2nd Juvenile has nuts in the right hand so I think possibly waiting for a turn at the tool. See ACP000fwjg Also 2nd juvenile has been waiting for a while at this point - maybe just relaxing until Filou finally finishes.

Posted

Is this "blown up" belly normal with chimps?

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to luca-chimp's comment.

That I don't know but I'm sure Mimi will talk about it if you post a question in the science thread "Questions for the Science Team" I'd like to know the answer to that too.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

hey all, i don't think its really abnormal, that looks like a well fed family to me and just a rest (with maybe also an "unflattering" position for that juvenile 😉 ) BUT i am sending it around to people that know way more about this than me and they will post here 😃

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all, to me they look good, just eating and resting, but thanks Mimi for asking around. 😉

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

everyone i have asked says this is just a well fed juvenile 😃

Posted

"well fed juv" hurray I presume ... the nuts 😉 Thanks a lot for asking around!

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

thanks all!

Posted