Chimp & See Talk

Please move to AV // Anxious grin? (Marlyn and Buddy Kamala?)

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

Look at this. What happens here? It seems, that this two juvs, walking over the (new?) bridge, (bulit by human? ACP000emia). The first juv is walking relatively straight on (Im quite sure its Marlyn, see the healed spots on the back) and his buddy Kamala with the round belly 😃
    Kamala? is very unsure and she shows a big Anxious-grin-face and is calling (vocalization). Marlyn (bad boy 😃 ) is a bit showing off, I think and bouncing the rods ...

see too : ACP000emir

Posted

@snorticus opend the "grimace" tagging thread in time with me yesterday 😃 For me is another question: I have the special feeling, thatbthis bridge-way in this sequences is really new for the chimps and the grin-reaction of the juv is due to this.
    Do you know, when this bridgeway was built over? (and perhaps why? Only for the better crossing for the scientists or as an experiment with camera and for looking how the chimp react??)

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Hey @luca-chimp look what @Cocaroli found today in ACP000fo93 - some guys building this bridge on January 28, 2015 so you're right that this is new to the chimps on 2-13-2015. Still don't know the why it was built, though. Maybe the humans just wanted a way to cross the ravine or some other reason.

enter image description here

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

It might be the same bridge, but then probably from different sides as the background vegetation looks quite different to me. Of course, that would be very cool as we might see the same chimp from front and back view!

But in the picture below is a big tree on both sides of the river, while that's not the case in the upper one. So, I am not sure that it's all the same bridge. Maybe we can find out more later.

Posted

FOr me it too looks like a different spot. But it is quite cool, this bridge buildings and IF it would be a acmera at both sides ..-that would be very cool ... the other bridge seems to be built at 2015-02-22 ...look here: ACP000emia

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I also think they are different spots, because I can not find the big tree that is on the left in ACP000fo93 in the other video

Posted