Chimp & See Talk

Raj-- AVFem09/09b/06 -- Female with infant

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

My first thought during classification was: Filou and Marlyn. But she is without any doubt a female (big swelling visible). Quite big head and broad face, robust build, a lot of dense facial hair with only very little balding over the brows, straighter brows, a beard. The infant might be a bit smaller than, e.g., Marlyn.

She is moving her head strangely. A little bit like Pearl at Crimson Dew (I always thought that she might have problems with her vision). She might be irritated by some blinding light (hard to see in the b/w footage) or there might be something wrong with her eyes. The left eye? (Right eye reflects, left not?? They look at least different, but video quality is not good.)

@puddock found her before me. I will look into his matching proposal later.

enter image description here

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Thanks AnLand!
    looking forward to your match proposal πŸ˜‰

Posted

about the eye... difficult to know, they are moving fast, but yes, in the video the left eye doesn't reflect much πŸ˜•

Posted

OK, that is just guessing - to move the discussion forward - ACP000g4dt (the first female in this video, second overall in that minute): my main argument would be the light spot at the left eye. The female here posted first seems to have one too. Besides of this: she is clearly afraid of this bridge and insecure while crossing. All of them are a bit afraid, but she hesitates to cross in ACP000g4dq, going a bit back. She steps much more careful, the feet not after one another but more broad (in parallel) to balance. The other females don't do that and don't use this branch at the end of the bridge. General features fit and the infant to. Screenshot is not good, but the video is better. I cannot actually see much of the eye(s)

The female before her in ACP000g4ds with the ventral infant seems to have a cut in her right ear. Might fit to that other discussion: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000s/discussions/DCP0001be7

Posted

Hello AnLand, I think you are right.

I am going to add the to the list as

Do the rest agree with that match?

Let's talk about the other match you propose in the other thread.

Many thanks AnLand, great!

Posted

I just realized that AVFem06 ha also something wrong in her left eye.

Look that video ACP000fxpn

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Yes, indeed! And she has some damage at her left ear. I cannot really see this in the other videos this well, but I can definitely say that her left ear (AVFem09 and AVFem09b) is not perfectly round. I would say that the damage is better seen in AVFem09. But it's hard to say.

EDIT: Well, I think, I see the damage in both other videos. For AVFem09 at 1 sec. and for AVFem09b at 13 sec.

Posted

Cool, no? So do we have an other match.

What do the other think?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Looks good to me too. AVFem06 also has the bright muzzle and gray back as AVFem09 and the infant looks very much alike AVInf09. The same bright, long face and long limbs.

Posted

Great, thanks a lo @Boleyn!

@AnLand, do you want to select a name for this female? Many thanks

Posted

Hi all, as AnLand has already named Marlyn in this site, we want to encourage one of the new users, giving her/him the opportunity to name a chimp. (thanks AnLAnd πŸ˜‰ )

@bannd67 you are doing great, and the close images of Filou's ear were amazing. Would you like to select a name to this female?

Thanks all!

Posted

• bannd67 by bannd67

Wow, great! Much appreciated. How about "Raj" which is pronounced" Rey" and means" crystal day ." Reminds me of Grandmother who raised 4 children is USA and never spoke a word of English, but they all turned out great.

Posted

Great! thank you very much @bannd67

Posted

@Batfan found this video ACP000eqwc of a female carrying her infant and I think that it is Raj and her daughter. Gray beard and straight brows fit. I mainly think that she is again behaving strange with moving the head and walking - and that might be caused by her eye issue. In fact, first, I thought there is something unusual. And her traits do not speak against this. Sorry, not much proof.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Hi @AnLand, I agree with you. I think these are Raj + her infant.

I see your point about her left eye. IΒ΄m not sure if here ACP000g4dt her left eye looks a bit damaged as she approaches, of if itΒ΄s just the movement πŸ˜• .

Also, her squared-shaped muzzle in this new video fits with RajΒ΄s.

Thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Just looking at Raj clips. Here is a closeup view of the shape of her left ear nick that Anja mentioned.

ACP000fxpn

Posted

Could this female here be Raj? ACP000ef4p and ACP000ef4q She's the one crossing in the ongoing Kamala discussion. I only thought so because of the size of the infant, no real other trait of Raj seen here....

Posted

I don't see the Popeye forearms here. The infant is quite big, and she has a very slim legs.... maybe Desta and Azize?

Posted

Another possibility. I just thought Azize has not such long legs...?

Posted

not completely clear for me either...

Posted

• JoanaPereira by JoanaPereira

I think is very hard to tell as well..

Posted

Thanks Joana, then we leave them as prospective chimp (AVFem08b and inf). Thanks!!!

Posted

• JoanaPereira by JoanaPereira

Welcome πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

In this 4 videos we proposed a match with Raj, but we never solved them.

Any opinion?

Thanks

ACP000fp7q
    ACP000esyu
    ACP000esyv
    ACP000ep5y

Posted

ACP000fp7q migth be Raj because of the size and built of the infant. No clue about the other 3 clips, sorry!

Posted

No problem, thanks Heidi πŸ˜‰

Posted

ACP000f2wt - this female with the big ventral infant should be Raj with Marygold.

Posted

ACP000g5gq - the female (broad muzzle, gray beard, balding) and her infant look also like Raj and Marygold.

Posted

ACP000f2wt is very likely Raj. I'm not sure about ACP000g5gq.

While checking the Filou thread I looked at the video in between the two you mentioned: ACP000fiku The female stopping at the tree carrying a big ventral infant might be Raj as well, or what do you think?

Posted

For ACP000fiku (bipedal female with ventral infant) I would actually disagree. You see when she is standing up a big ear sticking out. This would not be consistent with Raj. Her ears are small, oval, and mostly covered by hair. I will think about this female, though.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

ok, no problem, was just a quick guess πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

Let me first say that I am not that familiar with Raj or her infant. I see a resemblance to Raj in ACP000f2wt, but I'm not certain enough to say for sure. The infant in ACP000g5gq does not seem like Marigold to me and I actually lean more towards Desta, but there is also the pair in ACP000g5gu which is perhaps Desta and her infant? No certainty on these guys at all.

Posted

It's really hard to say at this distance and between the trees in ACP000g5gq and ACP000g5gu. I can't decide neither on Raj nor on Desta.

Posted

I can not be sure who the females in ACP000f2wt, ACP000g5gq or ACP000fiku

Posted