Chimp & See Talk

name?searching female - might be a match to AVFem03 and 03b

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Unfortunately the light in this video is poor, but what we can see of the female is the same bald forehead and protruding, straight brows as AVFem01/01b. What else can be seen seems to be consistent as well, dark fur, built, swelling with dark outside aera, no infant.

enter image description here

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Moved to AV-15.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Thanks AnLand for moving the comment.

@Boleyn, I can see too the same bald and body shape, and if compared with the rest of females there are in the chimp list, that will be the better match, but it is true that the light doesn't help.

What do the others think?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

After some weeks, she looks for me rather like AVFem03 etc. A juvenile is also present. We did see before this swelling and that small cut in the left ear. Right ear not really seen. AVFem01 (now Lya) is younger and has a broader swelling.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

you are right, Lya is younger.

She looks more like AVFem03 and the swellings match too.

I don´t want to contradict myself, and I know that I said here: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000s/discussions/DCP0001hsr that the lady in ACP000edpb has an intact left ear, but as Paula said that there was a cut, I checked it again and now I can see it; so I´m not that sure about AVFem03b (you meant her too, right?) being her: I can´t see a cut in AVFem03b´s left ear 😕

so these are my thoughts:

ACP000edpb = AVFem03 but not AVFem03b

Posted

Yes of course, sorry, my bad, I confused the numbers. Should of course have been 03 and 03b - there was not even a 01b 😕

Posted

I all,

I agree that Fem03, Fem03b and ACP000edpb are the same.

Bolyen, and AnLand you agree, right?

Nuria, what do you think? Here AVFem03b's cut

one

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

hmm...I was more trying to find AVFem03b´s left ear´s cut accepted for ACP000edpb here.

Posted

@NuriaM, sorry I'm confused. Do you really mean the left ear? 03 and 03b are considered to be the same because of their cut in their right ears. I can't see any cut in the left ear of 03b. Where do you see such a cut?

Maybe thoug we have two very similar looking ladies without infant with the same traits here. Have a look at video ACP000edph which is the third video of the sequence starting with ACP000edpb. She looks very much alike the female in ACP000edpb except for the swelling. This one here seems to be a max swelling.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

SORRY!! 😄

the ACP000edpb female´s left ear was accepted to have a cut in another thread ( Match to Fem03 ) and pointed out like this:

by PauDG MODERATOR, SCIENTIST :
    Hello @jwidness!
    I agree with you, same color, same robust body, same big nostrils... and what d you think about AVFem03b? Even we thought she was a male at some point.
    We said "Left ear intact" and ACP000edpb has a cut, but it is also difficult to see in ACP000ekje, I guess because it is in the high part of the ear, so it is not that visible.
    Thanks!

The right ear issue is clear to me...

sorry, my bad. The match between Fem03 and Fem03b is very reasonable to me, and I could as well accept a match to ACP000edpb. The left ear issue is too subtle...

@Boleyn, I´m not sure if we could talk about max. swelling here. A maximum tumescence has no wrinkles visible and the appearance of a fully inflated balloon. Look, this is a max. swelling:

in comparison:

this is what you meant about max swelling, right? or am I driving you crazy? 😄

Posted

Hi all

I agree Bolyen, the female from ACP000edph has a similar body shape as Fem03/ Fem03b/ ACP000edpb. But I don't know who is she. Unfortunately there is not a good face view.

Who proposed first the match between Fem03/ Fem03b?? I lost the track

But maybe we can ask to some of the new users, what do you think?

Thanks

Posted

Thanks @NuriaM yes that was the swelling I thought was max. No problem, I'm not crazy yet, at least not more than usual 😉 I deleted the tag in the video.

@PauDG The first proposal I think was from @jwidness who matched them all long time ago in this thread.

Posted

ah good! Let's ask her then. Thanks @Boleyn 😉

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

You guys did way more of the work than I did, please go ahead and pick a name. : )

Posted

Thanks @jwidness!

Then I'm going to ask some new user.

😉

Posted