Chimp & See Talk

Filou-- Aged_violet Chimp ID

• bannd67 by bannd67

https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP000frc4 Great selfie of Chimp, I think female, with 2 notches out of her right ear, one large just back of top center, the other smaller, back of bottom center. Several large bumps in the center area of the ear and a large knot on the rear center back section, just below the large notch. Small strip of fur gone just left of center hair part, over area between ear and eye on the same right side. Really good close up. And she shows no fear of camera. Hope this is helpful. Wasn't sure how to post this.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Thanks for posting! That is indeed an excellent view of the ear damage! However, you can see from the next video in this minute -- ACP000frc7 -- that it is actually a male, and this ear damage matches known male Filou.

Your video:

enter image description here

Filou in ACP000fwd1:

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to bannd67's comment.

What a terrific closeup of Filou's ear and his interesting face - Nice find!

Posted

• bannd67 by bannd67

If they would all pose nicely for full height portraits, it would be so nice

Posted

• puddock by puddock in response to Snorticus's comment.

It's like a boxer's cauliflower ear - wonder if he got his the same way?

Posted

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

This is it what I really love with Filou: Old smashed warrior πŸ˜ƒ and adorable soft and lovely as "Mummy" with his two little ones. He is my absulutely personal hero ....

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to bannd67's comment.

Great @bannd67 , thanks for posting the video.

"Nice" view of Filou's ear

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I think that's Filou's back. What do you think?

ACP000fs48

one

Posted

This could be him too

ACP000fqrv

one

Posted

And also this πŸ˜‰

ACP000fsql

one

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

They all look like Filou, Paula, I agree πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks Heidi πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I agree on ACP000fs48 / ACP000fs49 = Filou . Filou has sort of a round light spot on his left scapula :

and I see it too in ACP000fs48 approx. at sec. 12 (sorry, no good still, but if you go stop-motion at around sec. 10-13, you get to see it).

Posted

Thanks Nuri!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

ACP000fqrv ;

not sure about Marlyn...I donΒ΄t get to see the white spots on his back. The size and context might fit (seen with Filou), but IΒ΄m not absolutely sure (juvenile, BW, backs... :S ).

but I do see Kamala there. Kamala has a distinctive round tummy πŸ˜ƒ. This might give more chances to Marlyn...

So:

Kamala: yes

Marlyn: very likely

Posted

Thanks!!!

We think that the bald spots could be not permanent, wounds instead scars, but it is fine anyway if we are not sure. πŸ˜‰

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

ACP000fz5e - Filou in the back (brows, balding, beard) with two small juveniles. There is an only partly classified video before with a slightly better view of him and of Baron).

Posted

I am not sure, he is too far and the video is too blurry.

Posted

It says that someone else commented after me but there is nothing written. So I am writing this to avoid keep opening the thread everyday πŸ˜‰

Posted

ACP000fv1i - the first chimp (right) looks like Filou.

Posted

ACP000fiks - the chimp in the back seems to be Filou. He is also in the rest of this minute. The female juvenile in ACP000fikw seems to be Sabirah.

Posted

The male in ACP000fh3i has a distinctive white beard and should be Filou. We could speculate about Kamala and Marlyn as the juvenile, but it would only be speculation.

Posted

ACP000fylf - the second chimp: white beard and blotchy gray back suggest Filou.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I agree with Filou in ACP000fv1i and would suggest Baba for the second one (male, light face, brow line)

In ACP000fiks I agree with Filou for the chimp in the back. Not sure about Sabirah in ACP000fikw although size would fit.

ACP000fh3i is quite clearly Filou.

In ACP000fylf he's quite hard to recognize because of that strange light/pixelation but I think I can see a totally odd ear which would also indicate Filou.

Posted

No for Baba in ACP000fv1i as he is already identified (and clearly so) in ACP000fv1k. πŸ˜ƒ The male next to Filou is Caruso or Magnus, but I am really not sure about differentiating these two in black-and-white coverage ... (My guess would be Magnus, though, as he is all dark without visible gray on the back. The gray should be visible as it is on Filou's back as a whitish shine.)

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

oops, I've not checked the rest of the sequence. Of course, it can't be Baba.
    When we apply the process of elimination there are still two possibilites for the second male: Magnus and Baron

Baba is out, Caruso because of color and also because he's got not such a big balding.

From Magnus we have good b/w coverage and when I compare the two it looks quite promising: same balding forehead, protruding muzzle, hairline on the temple. You just need to zoom in a little on the first pic πŸ˜ƒ I think if it was Baron we would see a bigger difference in size to Filou, or I am I mistaken about Baron's size at all?

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

ACP000fv1i I agree with Magnus and Filou.

ACP000fiks agree with Filou (no idea on ACP000fiws)

ACP000fh3i process of elimination pretty much confirms Filou

ACP000fylf I'm not sure on this one. Filou seems logical, but the face looks very strange from the distance and expression and I cannot discern other identifying features.

Posted

One more that I forgot yesterday, ACP000flyt - this is Filou's butt.

Posted