Chimp & See Talk

AVMale02b--AVMale02?

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

Something in his habits reminded me on Caruso. But there is no notch in the ear, and I think (after a closer look), this one is younger and of a more slender but very musculary body: ACP000fm0y, ACP000fm0x, ACP000fm01, ACP000fm02, ACP000fm03, ACP000fm04,

Black thick fur, good muscular arms, small ears, looks like small narrow eyebrows , no good shot of a face, so only assuming:
    As it is the same spot of appearing, and the body features are matching, maybe it is: AVMale02

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

@luca-chimp this is not the same place where AVmale02 was found. There is a rock under the tree and here with the new chimp is a log. I was out hunting and found some more of this nice companion. The videos are not yet tagged but I think it is quite an interesting lad 😃

ACP000fm0l ACP000fm0m ACP000fm0n ACP000fm0o
    ACP000fm0p ACP000fm0q ACP000fm0r ACP000fm0s

AND we have a good face view!

enter image description here

Edit: I think he might be a new chimp since his brows look quite different from AVMale02 and his muzzle is darker. What do you think?

A bit more on the description: He's got protruded, arched brows, the baldness stretches over the forehead from one end of the brow to the other side. He's got a perfectly shaped left ear, a high nose with an indentation under the nose (I don't know if this is usually like this?) His left testis is a bit higher than the right one (viewed from behind 😃 ) his behind (the callousy cussion) is all black as well. Edit: he's got a wide, thin-lipped mouth.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all!
    thanks for moving the videos here Luca, and great these new videos Boleyn, even closer 😉

I think he is really similar to male02, i see the same protuberant eyebrows in both of them, and the baldness could look different because of the light and because that one is closer to the camera...

more opinions?
    Thanks!

Posted

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

What a beautiful guy. Oh, not the same spot? I really must be more careful with my observations.

Posted

I couldn't resist and went hunting some more - this time after AVMale02. (videos ACP000e43p ACP000e43q the latter not yet tagged)
    Unfortunately the videos of him do not have a timestamp but I found one that most certainly must be him. It's video ACP000e44c so in sequence shortly after the first two. This time he enters from left where we assume he went before after video ACP000e43q. The quality is not the best but we can still see him almost frontally. Yes he does look a lot like our new handsome guy above but I'm quite sure he is more robust and older.

But he looks very much like Caruso, I think. There is even something wrong with his right ear. Build and looks are very similar to Caruso.

Some stills but better seen in video when you stop by hand.

Posted

This travelling chimp here ACP000es72 seems to have the same features as our black friend @luca-chimp originally posted in this thread. He's walking quite fast so there are no really good still pics but I add them anyway.

What made me think of this chimp here are not only the very dark fur it is the wide thin-lipped mouth that reminds me of him.

This screenshot shows what I mean:

Chimp from ACP000fm0l

I hope we'll soon find some more videos because I think it's not enough to do the match, right? 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hm, my main problem with ACP000es72 would be that I think his left ear is actually not so nicely formed. The very pink muzzle also does not really fit, but that could be a light effect. I'm sceptical here, but need to look more into all videos.

Posted

Hi all

the chimp from ACP000es72 is passing very fast, but I agree with AnLand, seems that his left ear has a cut or a fold.

About the male from ACP000fm0o as we are doubting between Male02 and Caruso, I am going to add him as AVMale02b commenting that we doubt between these possibles matches, so we can talk about him easier.

Posted

yes, you might be right about the fold in the left ear. I didn't notice this before because he's moving so fast. I thought the pinkish lips were due to the sunlight but it's possible that they are brighter than the ones of chimp's of ACP000fm0o now AVMale02b.

@PauDG are you sure AVMal02b from ACP000fm0o might be AVMale02? I think the difference is too big. Have you seen my other post of the new video of AVMale02 above? ACP000e44c It starts at about the same place where the second video of AVMale02 (ACP000e43q) stopped. I really think he looks much more like Caruso than the new AVMale02b.

Posted

I don't know if I follow you correctly, correct me if it is not like that, but do you think that AVMale02, AVMale02b and ACP000e44c are Caruso?

If not, could you please write who do you think they are in each video? sorry for the confusion, maybe I mixed some videos 😕

We have these sets of videos:

1- ACP000fm0l ACP000fm0m ACP000fm0n ACP000fm0o ACP000fm0p ACP000fm0q ACP000fm0r ACP000fm0s now AVMale02b. I think could be AVMale02, as Luca suggested, but still pending.

2- ACP000e44c I thought it was AVMale02 but I am going to remove the hashtag

3- ACP000e43p until now, AVMale02

4- ACP000fwh9 ACP000fwhb Caruso

Which are your thoughts?
    Many thanks

Posted

sorry, for the confusion! I think that AVMale02 is Caruso yes, but AVMale02b is not Caruso, so:

1- ACP000fm0l ACP000fm0m ACP000fm0n ACP000fm0o ACP000fm0p ACP000fm0q ACP000fm0r ACP000fm0s now AVMale02b is a new chimp and not AVMale02

2- ACP000e44c IS AVMale02 because the video comes shortly after the first AVMale02 video (so do not remove the hashtag yet) but I think AVMale02 is Caruso

3- ACP000e43p is still AVMale02 including the new video ACP000e43q (not yet tagged)

4- ACP000fwh9 ACP000fwhb Caruso stays Caruso 😃

Thanks for your patience!

Posted

Thanks Boleyn,

We have all this chimps already in the chimp list and the videos are tagged. Now we need to decide about the matches.

So we have:

Boleyn says

Caruso    -> Caruso ;)
       AVMale02  -> Caruso
       AVMale02b -> New chimp

What do you think about it, any other proposal?
    Many Thanks

Posted

hehe, nice wrap-up, Paula 😄

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Hi @PauDG Looking through the tag list for AVMale02 I noticed that ACP000fw9w is tagged as Filou so can we take ACP000fw9w out of this group?

Posted

Hi @Snorticus,
    I don't understand why Filou (Male04) is seen in the AVMale02's tag group. I don't see any "AVMale02" hashtag 😕

Posted

In this discussion https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000s/discussions/DCP000182p on page 2, @Snorticus' entry from June 18th, 2016 uses the AVMale02 tag and this is now associated with the video. The hashtag must be removed to clear the tag group.

Posted

Also, I think that AVMale02 is rather Magnus. There is something about the lips and the small whitish tufts on the side of his lips that are best seen in ACP000e44c. I cannot see this in any of Caruso's videos.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

@AnLand - I removed that hashtag for AVMale02 and that should clear the tag group.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Thank you!

Posted

I think I agree with you Anja. The baldness is not very visible in this sequence, but the back seems to be quite dark (ACP000e43p) and the eyebrows are more similar to Magnus than to Caruso in my opinion.

It would be good to have a 3rd opinion here. Heidi, you proposed "AVMale02 -> Caruso". Do you still thinking the same?

Thanks!

Posted

Hi Paula, yes I still do. I think the wide bald forehead of Magnus should be much better seen in the 02 videos if it really was Magnus. But however I look at those videos, the baldness seems to be only a small triangle at best, with still some hairs growing in that part. To me also the brows look more like Carusos'. If it was Magnus they should be wider and slanting down on the sides. Last but not least the hair color: Magnus' hair is almost black, also in full sunshine while the chimp in ACP000e44c has more a brownish color when walking through some sunrays. Sorry!

Posted

No problem Heidi, is totally fine to have different opinions. He will stay as AVMale02 😉

Thanks!

Posted