Chimp & See Talk

What about this lady?

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

In my determination to match AVFem03b, I think I have found her here: ACP000fbr7 . This solo female reminds me a lot of Fem03b because of her general body build, darkness, and she has also sort of a cut on her right ear, that seems to fold a bit at the top. Both have quite dark face with a bit of a white beard:

ACP000fbr7 :

one

AVFem03b:

one

thoughts? 😃

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

I agree that these 2 clips are the same chimp. Likely a match to each other but still believe that the right ear is different than Filou as seen in ACP000efp9 and they are 2 different chimps.

At this point I have lost site of what the point is. Are we trying to say AVFem03b might be Filou? Or just trying to identify AVFem03b?

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Did you see the thread about Fem03?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I can see that both females here have the same damaged or just folded right ear. I don't think that anyone wants to match her to Filou and I agree with @Boleyn that the other chimp in ACP000f3oo and ACP000f3oq has damage on both ears and is Filou, but not AVFem03b or the other female discussed here.

To @jwidness' proposal: I agree that both females in ACP000ekje and ACP000edpb have the same (to each other) cut or deformation in the upper left ear. That was also said by @PauDG. Unfortunately, their right ears are not well seen. ACP000fbr7's right ear might also have a damage. AVFem03b's right ear looks quite normal to me.

ACP000fw71 - there might be a fold in the right ear, but I am not sure as she travels quite fast.

Posted

@zoogirl1, I don´t mean that these ladies are Filou, sorry if I didn´t explain it correctly.

@AnLand, I don´t get to see ACP000fbr7's left ear well, but for what I see, I can´t find a noticeable damage either 😕 . Let´s wait for more opinions.

@jwidness, I´m trying to put these ladies together:

AVFem03 : cut in right ear, grey back, robust. No white beard (or I can´t see it)

one

AVFem03b : right ear damaged. robust and grey back. White beard.

one

ACP000fbr7 : right ear damaged, black, robust, white beard.

one

ACP000edpb : left ear looks intact (but Paula said that she has a cut ). Robust, grey lower back, I see no white beard.

one

ACP000ekje : left ear damaged. Robust and grey lower back. Whitish beard.

one

Posted

here my thoughts:

still I believe that AVFem03b and ACP000fbr7 are a match, and I suspect that AVFem03 is her too.

As for ACP000edpb and ACP000ekje, I think it´s a reasonable proposal...I see no white beard in ACP000edpb , but here the light might play a role.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

I agree with you, they could be all the same, but I'm not 100% sure because of the mostly dark or uncomplete views of all these ladies. The damaged right ear seems to be consistent, but e.g. I'm not sure if I can see a grey back in ACP000fbr7 or a white beard on AVFem03.

I'ts the same with @jwidness proposals that ACP000edpb and ACP000ekje as match to AVFem03. They all look very much alike but I still miss a clear picture of her face and both ears.

Sorry, no real support from my side 😕

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1 in response to NuriaM's comment.

I agree that AVFem03b and ACP000fbr7 are the same chimp. I think I may also agree that AVFem03 is also AVFem03b.

ACP000edpb - is possibly also AVFem03b but not definitive, I believe the highlights of the ear and browline are very similar to those in view of AVFem03b here:

enter image description here

Very difficult without similar view of both to compare.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

@Boleyn, you are right about the back of ACP000fbr7, but I think the light could be important here...

as for the white beard of AVFem03, I can´t see it either, but she passes by very quickly, so for my taste the Fem03 assumption is too risky and doubtful.

thanks for your opinion!!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to zoogirl1's comment.

@zoogirl1 , thank you so much.

so you suspect the following:

ACP000fbr7 = AVFem03b = AVFem03 = ACP000edpb , so basically you would only leave ACP000ekje aside, right?

I´m most confident about ACP000fbr7 + AVFem03b being a match...the others are likely to be a match, but I am not absolutely sure about that 😒

let´s wait for more opinions 😃

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1 in response to NuriaM's comment.

Yes, that is correct.

Posted