Chimp & See Talk

Are ACP000g4du and AVFem08 the same female?

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

what do you think about this match proposal?

ACP000g4du

one

and AVFem08

one

Both walk in a group of 6 or more individuals ( juveniles, females and infants ), long, dark face, beard, ears point out. Fem08´s right ear has apparently a notch or cut at the top, and I think I see it too (sec. 05 approx. ) in ACP000g4du .

What do you think?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Seems to be my turn to answer here 😃

I think you're right, those two are a match. I can see the little ear notch in ACP000g4du as well, although the light plays a trick on that rim. AVFem08 seems to have a brighter spot or an irregularity in her right brow and I think I can spot it in the new clip too. For further identification I made out a little dent in her forehead. Due to the ligth it can't bee seen well in the AVFem08 clip, there's just a little darker spot at the same place.

enter image description here

What really stands out are the brows of her infant. They are very thick, bright, high and almost triangle-shaped. Not so obvious in the clip but better seen in the screenshot I made from ACP000g4du.

Hence it has a bright muzzle, the nose only partly dark, like mottled and the probably largest ears I've ever seen with an infant.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Thanks @Boleyn!! I had forgotten about them, thanks for reminding 😃

I´m glad that you agree with me...the more I see them, the more convinced I am that these moms and infants are a match.

let´s wait for more opinions, but I will mark them in my papers so that I don´t forget them again 😛

Posted