Chimp & See Talk

Lya--ACP000emib: match proposal to AVFem01

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I think in ACP000emi9 and ACP000emib, we've found AVFem01 again. She is a younger, but quite robust female. She has very straight brows, a light muzzle, brows, and ears. Additionally, the brows are very bulky. Very prominent lips and quite some baldness. I think AVFem01b fits here very good.

enter image description here

AVFem01

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

I agree with you, she has sort of a "smile on her face". Her black mask covers not only her eyes but also a bit of her nose...I think itΒ΄s her.

if everyone agrees, we have a match here πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Congrats, looks like a clear match πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

XD

Posted

I just note here, that she has been named by now and is Lya.

I also think that the young female in ACP000gfqh and ACP000gfqi might be her again. Body build and big swelling agree as well as the face color and think brow ridge. But she is only seen in a distance before climbing a tree.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

face color, expression (smiling), straight brows, and swelling fit. I think too that she is Lya.

Anyone disagrees?

Posted

She has quite a unique face and I think as well it's her.

Posted

Here's another video from the identifiable chimps list. I think that's also friendly smiling Lya with what looks like a max swelling?: ACP000ezdt and ACP000ezdv

Another video ACP000fiku showing Lya I think. The young female with big or max swelling crossing. A little better seen in the video. ACP000fiku

Posted

Hm, I am actually not sure here (specifically with ACP000ezdt). My problem is AVFem10 and AVFem11 - who is also a robust young female (nulliparous) with a big swelling. See here ACP000eefx for instance. My main problem are the eyebrows. There seems to be something at her brow, more on the right side, a dent or something, but I cannot catch it. They are very, very similar, but I still don't see them as the same individual. Thoughts about that?

AVFem10

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all,

I am trying to smoothly come back to Aged Violet...

I agree with Boleyn that ACP000ezdt ACP000ezdv and ACP000fiku are Lya and I think that also AVFem10 is Lya.

But AVFem11 is younger, isn't it?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I agree with @Boleyn too: ACP000ezdt ACP000ezdv and ACP000fiku look very much like Lya to me. AVFem10 being Lya is a very reasonable suggestion too.

on the other hand, IΒ΄m not sure if AVFem11 is younger...besides, I think I see a swelling in ACP000emlu when she sits down again, approx. at sec. 7. I have seen this video a thousand times, so maybe IΒ΄m starting to see things... πŸ˜•

Posted

I see the swelling too, but I think she is younger/smaller than Lya.

I think that AVFem11 could be Sabirah, look that large nostrils...

Posted

ACP000emlu is the last video before we see AVFem16 taking the place behind Willa in ACP000emk2. I think the young female walking to the back of the log right at the beginning of the video is AVFem11. There is approx. 1 minute missing in between the two videos but nonetheless I think it's her. It doesn't look as if she were hopping on the log but rather tries to stay on it while making place for the older female. Has probably something to do with status behaviour?

I'm not sure if AVFem11 is Sabirah. Sabirah's brows are described as "slightly curved, basically straigt. That would fit. But when looking at Sabirah's brows in the light they are bent with a black line in the middle. The baldness looks different to me but that's maybe due to the different light... I would say she looks much alike Sabirah in the dark but less Sabirah in full light.

AVFem11 ressembles much more Sabirah in the dark:

...than Sabirah in light:

Posted

I see the big nostrils now. I would even swear that I can see SabirahΒ΄s small notch at the top of AVFem11Β΄s right ear in ACP000emlo and ACP000emlp . I support that AVFem11 = Sabirah πŸ˜ƒ

By the way, IΒ΄m sorry if it led to confusion, but I assumed that AVFem11 is an adult female when she is actually an adolescent. By the time I gave her an ID I thought that she was closer to the adult age than to the juvenile age, but maybe identifying her as a juvenile would have been more appropriate in this special case. Sorry for that.

Posted

No worries Nuria!

I did that before in other sites. Adolescent are very confusing πŸ˜‰

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

LOL - not only in apes!

Posted

Hi all,

so what we do decide about AVFem11, do you agree that she is Sabirah?

Thanks!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I agree that AVFem11 is Sabirah πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks Nuria!

Posted

This video ACP000g5jy popped up in the recents found by @Batfan.
    I think this could be Lya. Body size and built fit and I see the smiling face. From other videos we know that she's got a rather big swelling which now could be at it's max.

Posted

I can agree to that last proposal that ACP000g5jy is Lya.

Posted

I agree too! Thanks

Posted

This video was just popping up for classifying ACP000f071 and I'm rather sure that it shows our smiling Lya. Body size fits and face with the straight brow and the typical muzzle. We do also get a glimpse of her swelling:

Posted

I think is Lya too πŸ˜‰

Posted

On page 1 of this discussion, it was agreed that ACP000ezdt and ACP000ezdv is Lya, but the videos are not tagged. (I know, I disagreed back then, but we now all agree about the young female with the big swelling, right?)

Posted

yes, thanks! ACP000ezdt and ACP000ezdv is Lya πŸ˜‰

Posted

ACP000f8xx - seems to be Lya. Big swelling, very deflated here. No offspring around.

Posted

ACP000ft1x - also seem to be Lya followed by a male adult). I was first irritated that she looks so small while approaching, but I still think it's Lya's face and none of the adolescents. Light face, big balding, robust body build. Big swelling is seen briefly several times.

Posted

Another one ACP000evk4

Posted

Maybe ACP000eepi too. Only back view, but big (deflated) swelling)

Posted

Great! I agree with all of them, and I will add a image from ACP000eepi in her description on the known/prospective chimp list, it is well seen. Thanks.

Posted

This could be Lya ACP000gbhs (the still images are not good, better watch the video πŸ˜‰ ). What do you think?

Posted

yes, her face is not well seen but her size and the big swelling indicates Lya πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks Boleyn. I have added the "proposal" at the bottom of the chimp list, with the Proposed matches.

Posted

ACP000edww and in the continuation ACP000edx0 seem to be Lya, based on the swelling and the facial view in the second video. (ACP000edwy is the untagged video in between, also 2015 and with that paused.)

Posted

Lya might also be the female in the background of ACP000edvt and ACP000edvu

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

yeah! and good back view, I will add a picture in the "female swelling" post πŸ˜‰

Posted

Lya?

ACP000fyu5

one

Posted

And this one?

ACP000f335

one

Posted

I could agree to both. I think the only other big swelling is Etta and it's structurally more protruded and not that spacious.

Posted

Thanks!

Posted

This one I think is also Lya. No infants, young female, the swelling fits....

ACP000fv23

one
    one

Posted

Looks like Lya. Swelling and overall size fits.

Posted

Great! thanks πŸ˜‰

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

@Bolyen!! time ago you proposed that in ACP000fiku could be Lya. I agreed (and Nuria), but we never added the hashtag. Sorry!

Now it's done πŸ˜‰

ACP000fiku

one
    one

Posted

No harm done, Paula, she can't run away πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

I think this is Lya again ACP000fo3n , what do you think?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

ACP000fo3n - yes, definitely Lya.

Posted

Thanks Anja πŸ˜‰

Posted

Lya?

ACP000gbhs

one

Terrible still image, sorry πŸ˜•

Posted

Well the video isn't much better but I could agree with Lya because I don't know who else she could be. Size and swelling look consistent.

Posted

Thanks Heidi!

Posted

Hi all,

although it is really hard to talk about ACP000gbhq / ACP000gbhs being Lya (like Heidi says, this video is not the best), I do see some similarities with her (with Lya, not Heidi πŸ˜› ).

see Lya in ACP000e0hc (I have turned the still around so that we can see the same angle):

and now see the possible Lya in ACP000gbhs :

I see the same size, thick brows and baldpatch. Also, the context might fit:

here ACP000fiku is Lya with 3 males, 1 female+inf. and a big juvenile. And here: ACP000edx0 we also have Lya and a female+juvenile. What I mean is that most of LyaΒ΄s contexts agree with ACP000gbhq / ACP000gbhs .

I would agree with ACP000gbhq / ACP000gbhs = Lya πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks Nuria!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

ROFLMAO Nuria, shall I send you a pic of me - just in case you're not 100% sure πŸ˜‰ But I have to say, I might have the same smile 8)

ok, back to business: round muzzle, straight thick brows, much smaller than the other female, of which I'm thinking is Fianna, swelling, everything fits. We don't really need to "see" her, do we? πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

LOL - so awesome πŸ˜ƒ you guys are hysterical!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

LOL!!!!!! Heidi, although Lya is a beautiful girl, I am sure that you have a much more beautiful smile πŸ˜ƒ ...and you get mine everyday!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

You're too kind! πŸ˜ƒ I certainly have more laugh lines than Lya.

Posted

I stumbled upon ACP000gbhq and ACP000gbhs and think that the young female is not Lya. The swelling is smaller than we've ever seen. And the body build is not as sturdy, but rather thin and "juvenile". I would guess that this is Eleanor. The ear might be damaged, but the video is too blurry to be sure. ACP000fyu5 might be a good comparison from the size of her swelling in profile. And deflated also looked different with Lya.

Posted

ACP000fp7r - the female in the background with the big swelling and without an infant should be Lya.

(Before in ACP000fp7p, I think the last thin female with the small infant might be Makena, followed by Jojo-Crann.)

Posted

ACP000f36j - based on the swelling, the female should be Lya. She has already been identified here some minutes before based on the swelling in ACP000f335.

Posted

I agree (EDIT: I agree with ACP000f36j)

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Do you agree to all postings from the weekend or only to the last video? I recognized that you did not tag / did not correct the tag for the others, so now I am not sure to what you agreed.

Posted

ah sorry, I saw only the comment about ACP000f36j. I will check the rest. Thanks for telling me

Posted

I am quite confident that ACP000gbhq is Lya. Not only the swelling (that passes by different status), but for the face, size... Eleanor is a juvenile.

Posted

I agree that in ACP000fp7r is Lya

Posted

ACP000fp7p: I am not sure if this female is Makena, sorry.

But, I think that in ACP000fp7q is Raj. The body size and the Popeye forearms fit. What do you think?

Posted

The female in ACP000gc13 should be Lya (big swelling).

And the first chimp in ACP000gmym as well. Also big swelling.

Posted

ACP000ewwj - the female with the big swelling should be Lya.

Posted

ACP000ezrg - Lya (young female with big swelling)

Posted

I am actually not sure about ACP000ezve - it's a young female and the swelling seems to be more substantial then for Sabirah and Eleanor. So, I would vote for Lya. But it's hard to see.

Posted

Yes, as you say, it's hard to see... 😦

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

In all five proposals? I think ACP000ewwj and ACP000gc13 and ACP000ezrg are very clear. We matched her based on videos, which have been worse, before. πŸ˜ƒ I am also quite certain about the others, but these three are no-brainers: dark single female with an enormous swelling (inflated or not). I can look for comparably views in the confirmed cases if necessary.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Sorry Anja, I haven't seen the other ones, I just checked the last one (page break πŸ˜•). I now realized that you made several entries.

As you say, the first 4 are no-brainers πŸ˜ƒ I agree an all of them: ACP000gc13 ACP000gmym ACP000ewwj and ACP000ezrg

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

I agree with ACP000gmym, ACP000ewwj and ACP000ezrg as Lya, but I prefer to err on the side of caution and there aren't enough features for me to feel comfortable saying it is definitely her in ACP000ezve or ACP000gc13.

Posted

I agree with Laura

Posted