Chimp & See Talk

Jojo--Match proposal for Makena's older kid

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

@AnLand mentioned somewhere that Makena is travelling with an older juvenile and I promised in Makena's thread to look out for him. I'm quite confident that I found him in two different videos, maybe even three or four. Up for discussions.
    It's a bit an older/bigger juvenile as the ones we've seen around here, but not by much. Browes are only a little bent, alsmost straight with a small irregularity in the right one, both ears look normal and intact, muzzle oval brighter than the mask, probably a darker spot underneath the right nostril. There's maybe a little baldness or less hair on the crest. Walks around with a slightly opend mouth.

Juvenile in ACP000g4ds

enter image description here

in ACP000fog0

I think it's also the same in ACP000fwks although harder to desice because of the b/w coverage. The behaviour towards the sitting male makes me think he might be a boy.

He could be also in ACP000fu01 or ACP000fu03 but I'm not sure which one, maybe the one running on the left in ACP000fu03.

Posted

@AnLand just made me look again at video ACP000f02l and I'm now convinced that it shows Makena.

On her side we can see her older juvenile - I think it's the same as above. Stills are not very good but the video is sufficient.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

thanks @Boleyn for taking some time for Makena & co. ๐Ÿ˜„.

I absolutely agree that the juveniles in ACP000g4ds, ACP000fog0 and ACP000f02l are the same guy. Here ACP000g4ds s/he even look a lot like Makena!! look at their faces ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Iยดm not sure if itยดs a he or a she: if it was a male, I would expect to see a small penis in ACP000fwks (but the video quality is not the best anyway).

You might as well be right about the other two videos: ACP000fwks and ACP000fu03 (the one running on the left), but in this case I would need more opinions.

anyone?

Posted

Here's another video of Makena and most probably her juvenile. @AnLand postet it in the Makena thread and the video ACP000g5ch was found by @MARGILL.

Posted

agreed ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I posted another video ACP000g0g8 with this juvenile in Makena's thread.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Donยดt you think that Makenaยดs juvenile needs a name? here is the list of videos where s/he appears (sometimes walking with Eleanor as well):

ACP000f02l / ACP000fog0 / ACP000fp1e / ACP000fp1a / ACP000fu01 / ACP000fwks / ACP000g0g8 / ACP000g4ds / ACP000g5ch / ACP000gcz9

@Boleyn, you have proposed this match, would you...? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Thank you very much @NuriaM!

I was very lucky lately and could name several chimps and even a leopard. As mentioned over at DawnBird (Twins thread) I would like to pass this naming opportunity over to one of our other volunteers, e.g. @zoogirl1 who already several times pointed out traits I missed. Or anyone else who you think deserves a little motivational impulse ๐Ÿ˜„

But of course if you'd rather "stick to the rules" it would be my pleasure as well ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

Thatยดs lovely @Boleyn ...thanks for being so generous ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@zoogirl1 , if you agree, could give us a name?

thanks!

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

Sorry for late response, I missed this discussion. Let me give a thought and get back to you soon. Thanks!

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all!

I have checked the videos and I agree with the match ๐Ÿ˜‰

We wait for you name @zoogirl ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks a lot

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

I would like to name Makena's older kid - Jojo.
    Goes whether boy or girl.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to zoogirl1's comment.

I love it!!

thanks @zoogirl1 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Great, many thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

@zoogirl1 Jojo is a great name for that little chimp, I love it!

Posted