Chimp & See Talk

Known female chimp?

• midnightsun by midnightsun

Is the one female in front with the walking baby perhaps Willa? She looks very big with no hair on the forehead and the baby has the right size and appears somehow more independent than the other small ones. Also the nostrils are really big. (Sorry, if I am wrong. She is not Etta I believe.)

Here is Willa's discussion: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000s/discussions/DCP0001int
    I don't know how I can post the images.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I will move this discussion to the Aged Violet board.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Hy @midnightsun I think this is your first attempt here, right? Well done and thanks. We certainly need some more volunteers taiking part in the discussions! How to post pics you find in this thread: scroll down to @ksiglers answer, she explains it perfectly!

To the topic at hand: straight brows, wide nostrils, brighter muzzle, whitish beard, high set ears, the ridge on the forehead and also an infant alike - I would support this match. 😃

Willa:
    enter image description here

Lady from ACP000epzp

enter image description here

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I could be on board with this one. But, @Boleyn, didn't we say that the female you posted is probably not Willa ( https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000s/discussions/DCP0001il2 )? I see that @NuriaM / @PauDG still have this video in the prospective list, so I am not sure what the status here is.

But Willa, as proposed above, is certainly a good idea.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

ahhh sorry, you're right of course, @AnLand it was exactly this video. Shame on me - I completely forgot about it 😕 I just looked at the known list and thought this was the best of the videos to compare with the new video. As I said before, the females at AgedViolet are really tricky!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

hi @midnightsun , welcome and thanks for helping!!

I see Willa too in your video, same baldness, head shape and nostrils. Infants fit too.

good job!!

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun in response to NuriaM's comment.

Super! I really guessed more than knowing something about this. Beginner's luck.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

😉

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all,

definitely they are very similar, but I think that this female is Etta. Please see here my opinion about the females, and let my know your opinion. Thanks 😉

Posted

I read some other discussions here and Etta should have this little nick in her right ear, correct? I cannot really see it here in the video. Is there any other sign that says here Etta? I think that I see the scar in her eyebrow, but I am far from sure.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi @midnightsun,

It is not obvious I agree. I think I can see something in the second 3. But also in general, the other features fit.

Do you think she could be other female?

Thanks 😉

Posted

I do not know so much about chimps. If you think that this is Etta and not Willa (or Taiga), I am fine. They are quite similar and I do not know how to judge whether an infant is bigger or smaller. Etta is fine.

Posted