Chimp & See Talk

AVFem17--New adult chimp?

• midnightsun by midnightsun

The volunteer @Nicklenackletree found this new adult chimpanzee in ACP000eqy1. I actually think that it is a female because there is a swelling at 2 seconds in the video. She has very white lips and her right ear looks slightly deformed. I also would like to know whether she might be pregnant as she looks very heavy.

Here one screenshot with face and ear. The eyebrows look irregular, but perhaps this is just the screenshot.

enter image description here

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

yeah, a new chimp!

I agree is a female. Great feature the right ear! About the lips, she is actually eating something.

I am going to add her to the list as AVFem17. Let's see if we find her again

Thanks a lot!

Posted

There is a discussion about a female chimp with a robust build and a damaged right ear (AVFem03 and 03b). Is it possible that this is the same chimpanzee here? The damage is not easy for me to compare, but I guess that the ear is folded on the top. I also noticed the grey back and legs. I am talking about this discussion here: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000s/discussions/DCP0001hsr It is more a guess, but I cannot find another chimp here that looks like this.

Posted

Hi @midnightsun

you are very right, I forgot about the female03!

I didn't read the other thread until now, I was away at that moment. But there they talk about the females in:

Do you think they all are the same?

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun in response to PauDG's comment.

I talked mainly about AVFem03b (in ACP000emi2). She is seen from the front view and the right ear looks very similar. I understand from the lengthy discussion that AVFem03 (in ACP000fw71) also has this special ear, but it's hard for me to see. But they also have this grey back and legs. That's something.

I cannot say anything about the other videos. I cannot see the cut in the left ear and frankly the chimpanzees still look very much alike. All of them.

Posted

mmmm I need to re check the old posts about the cut in the left ear, I don't remember it now 😕

I will be back! 😄

Posted

I post here the same chimp as in this discussion https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000s/discussions/DCP0001h1m, because I just don't know.

Maybe the adult in video ACP000f05l is Fianna? But I also think that she could be AVFem17 - here in this discussion. There is this ear damage on the right and it's a robust chimp, but I think female, because of the kids. There are two juveniles: a big one with a considerable balding and a little one that looks a bit funny (sorry).

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

I like the idea! the ear is really similar to AVFem17's ear definitely.

We never solved the proposal between AVFem17 and Fianna. @midnightsun, what do you think? do you say yes to the match AVFem17 - Fianna , and by extension yes to the match ACP000f05l - AVFem17 - Fianna?

Posted

I cannot say so much about the videos and screenshots with Fianna only in profile. I concentrated my search more on the front view of the face. That's easier. In the front view the right ear, eyebrows, grey beard, baldness look all the same to me. And she is quite heavy. But also I have to say that AVFem17 looks a lot more heavy than the others. That's why I asked earlier whether she is pregnant. That's what I am thinking. The new female looks a lot like Fianna and AVFem17 also look like her and Fianna (but maybe a bit less so).

This is the new chimp from ACP000f05l and ACP000f05o

This is Fianna from ACP000emi2

This is AVFem17 from ACP000eqy1

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Oh you are right about Eleanor. I just did not think about the possibility that we have yet another big bald juvenile around.

Posted

• JoanaPereira by JoanaPereira

I think there is a high probability that the 3 females are the same. They all seem to have the same features: right ear damaged, baldness, grey beard, grey back, very robust..

Posted

Thanks Joana!

Posted

I was checking something in this old site and wondered looking into this discussion whether we did the match in the end and if not I wanted to ask whether somebody could look into AVFem17 and AVFem22. I see there the same bony and narrowly arched eyebrows and deformed right ear. I apologize if the site is closed and should not be discussed anymore.

AVFem22 in ACP000fway / ACP000fwaz

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

Never give up - that's good for us and as far as I know there are still some open discussions on AV. So no problem (I think... 😃)

It's a bit tough to compare AVFem17c and AVFem22 because of the different light. But at least we have about the same angle. What I can see is that both have a damaged right ear and the damage looks the same. Both have a crease in their nose, white beard and greyish back. The problem for me is the close up of AVFem22 - especially her brows. They look more protruded than those of AVFem17c. I cought her almost full face-on and in this position the middle of the brows look very bulgy. Not sure how much of this is because of the closeness to the camera?

What I'm quite sure of is that AVFem17c is indeed Fionna. Unfortunately there is no perfect still of her face in any of the known videos. The one below is about the best I could find at a compareable position.

Fionna

Now in this video ACP000edpb of Fianna, we can see, that she does have a crease in her nose as well and the brows seem to bulge in the middle. So maybe it's all a question of light and perspective?

Sorry, don't know if this helped to solve the puzzle 😕

PS: The swellings don't help much either.

Posted

Hi all, thanks for keep trying.

With these videos, it is difficult to be sure if they are a match. I see some similarities, but AVFem17 seems to have a notch in her ear and AVFem22 ear look perfectly round, with maybe a mark in the inside, but not a notch in my opinion. Difficult to be sure, because the ear looks very different depending on the moment when you stop the video, but it doesn't look the same patron in my opinion.

Posted

Too bad! I really thought Fem17 and Fem22 look doppelgangerish! 😉

I think Fianna's browline is different, somehow more straight and even and her sexual swelling is much so "messed up" like Fem22's is. Unfortunately, we cannot see Fem17's swelling much. It is only protruded. I remember only one big female that has such a "messed up" swelling. She was in ACP000gbhq.

In this screenshot she enters on the right. I was always impressed by her stature and the swelling. 😃 She is here in ACP000gbhq suggested as Fianna, I know. I just think that Fianna's swelling is big, but neat. Did we solve the other ones that are discussed in the video comments?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

No unfortunately not. If it was solved then the names would be in the comments.
    But we really need to be sure for matches so better leave it as it is, sorry!

Posted