Chimp & See Talk

Match proposal

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

@squish5 had some ideas about this video - please see the comment.

enter image description here

I do agree with the first female that might be Etta and her infant. Next to the brows and baldness, the oval ear is very similar and the infant is very much alike as well.

For the female in the background, I would rather guess that it is Makena, her infant, and her son Jojo. She is slimmer than Etta or Taiga, has a gray back and legs and is seen with two offsprings.

Just briefly my ideas to the proposal from @squish5.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I can support the proposal for the second female chimp beeing Makena and her offspring. We can see something odd at her right ear and the young one looks very much like Jojo! The infant has a very brigth muzzle like Makena's and the right size I think for Feb. 2015, just starting to be at it's own.

For Taiga I'm not completely sure. I think the infant should have much longer hair on the head. But maybe it's just another perspective I have in mind.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Yes, exactly. I also think that the female in the foreground is rather not Taiga, but a good match to Etta. So, @squish5 made a good guess. In the background, it's Makena and entourage.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all, I agree that in the background are Makena & Inf and Jojo.

I am not sure about who is the first chimp....

Posted

• squish5 by squish5

Thanks for the help guys, an average result 😃 Makena is pretty obvious now but Etta was a decent effort 😃 Think printing off these guys and using the obvious features to eliminate is a better process than just jumping from clip to clip. Onwards and Upwards 😃 😃

Do the females ever babysit?? seen carrying other infants?

Thanks again

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hm, I am actually not sure what the argument against Etta is. For me, this female looks quite similar. And her infant as well. @PauDG, which trait does not fit in your opinion?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Yes @AnLand, sorry, I can agree on Etta for the first female. I thought the first female was suggested to be Taiga hence my hesitation. My bad!

@squish5 I think that was a good attempt considering that the females here at AV are very hard to distinguish. Not sure if the printing works, the resolution is probably too low. I'd rather go through some videos very slowly with the mouse holding the slider to see also the images between the official 15 stills. Sometimes I can see some traits that are not visible otherwise. 😃

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Nothing in particular, just that somehow the face is not familiar to me. But maybe is just the position...

But if everyone agrees on that, I have not problem accepting the match 😉

Posted

• squish5 by squish5 in response to Boleyn's comment.

@Boleyn, your right, I think just getting involved in discussions is a big help. Plenty practice 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Exactly @squish5 that's how we learn best. I made and still make my errors but we're here to discuss and learn, learn, learn 😃

Paula, maybe this still of her infant can persuade you more. It has a little scar or something on the right eyebrow, a little right of the top and I can see this as well in the infant above. Additionally the ears of both infants are really big and look very much the same as well as muzzle, nose and coloring.

And looking more into it it's Etta's greyish muzzle and the line of her balding that convinces me even more.

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun

I had this female that I thought was Willa and is now Etta in ACP000epzp and could also agree with Etta here. I think.

Posted

• squish5 by squish5

That's a serious spot @Boleyn , its like a bruise, the infant looks a perfect match. I think the ears are a bit bigger and pinkish in Paula though?

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I agree with @squish5 that Etta's infant ears look bigger 😕

Posted